Search Unity

Question Transparent textures VR URP - Alpha to Coverage

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by jansen83, Dec 3, 2022.

1. jansen83

jansen83

I started building a vr game in the URP v.2021.3.14f1.
    I noticed that transparent textures with aplha clipping are pixelated (with SMAA and FXAA).

and with blending mode alpha, they are not pixelated, but they overlap

I found these 2 articles that can solve the problem, but I couldn't figure it out. I think it's because of the new version I'm using. When I copy the shader it doesn't work
    https://bgolus.medium.com/anti-aliased-alpha-test-the-esoteric-alpha-to-coverage-8b177335ae4f

and here I am missing the options in the shader graph, Blend mode Custom and Alpha To Coverage https://www.patreon.com/posts/alpha-to-or-anti-33042721

Is there a possibility to include Alpha to Coverage in the URP v.2021.3.14f1?

2. bgolus

bgolus

The shader from my article is for the built in renderer, and predates the URP by a few years.

The second link is using Amplify Shader Editor, not Unity's Shader Graph.

The URP can support Alpha to Coverage, but Shader Graph itself does not. You'd need to write a custom vertex fragment shader that's written to work for the URP, or buy ASE which supports the URP and should let you follow that second tutorial to get A2C working.

3. jansen83

jansen83

ok thanks, i will test it with amplify shader editor

4. jansen83

jansen83

unfortunately it didn't work, does anyone know a way to render transparent textures in UV and the URP without pixels?

5. adrian-taylor09

adrian-taylor09

I know this is an older thread, but just wondering if you managed to solve this?