Search Unity

Question Transparent parts - building problem

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by terinno, Oct 18, 2022.

1. terinno

terinno

Hey, everybody

When using the house and its surroundings asset: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/urban/furnished-cabin-71426, I am facing the problem of incorrect display of transparent parts when building the application. Parts of the bathroom and windows of the house are black, not alowing light to pass through. Attached you can see the images in Unity Editor and after building. I tried the build in both Unity 2021 and 2022 and the same problem occurs. Could someone advise me if the problem is in a wrong rendering, lighting or illumination setting, or ...? I think that tranparent parts have a material with Cutout Rendering Mode set.

Best, TN

Attached Files:

2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

This looks like a rendering issue, and nothing to do with baked GI. Will move this to an appropriate forum.
    Try switching to switching affected materials to Fade mode, and see if that helps. You could also contact the original author of the asset.

3. terinno

terinno

Solved!
    I found that this is a common problem caused by ShaderGraph / Universal RP. So I uninstalled them and the problem with glass tranpsarency dispappeared.

kristijonas_unity likes this.