Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Transmitting audio ( Voice most likely ) from a render streaming Browser Application to a Unity app

Discussion in 'Unity Render Streaming' started by jjennings1990, Feb 7, 2023.

1. jjennings1990

jjennings1990

Hello Everybody Our team is looking to update our Render Streaming tools to the latest Unity version and one of the questions we have for sheer capabilities is can we Create a Web server instance that can receive Audio input and transmit that audio data to our unity companion application ?

It seems a little likely to me but I am new to Unity Render Streaming and thought it would be good to place the question here just in case anyone can imagine it is possible to effectively speak into the browser video application and deliver that audio data to the In-engine Unity instance.

Is this at all feasible or possible? Thank you so much and if it is ( no matter how complex the tasking) could you provide any reading or reference sources for me to inquire further on the subject?

Thank you so much !

2. kazuki_unity729

kazuki_unity729

Unity Technologies

jjennings1990 likes this.
  3. jjennings1990

jjennings1990

Thank you

4. XHadower

XHadower

Can I use Voice Chat in BroadCast? I have a problem with Audio Stream Receiver to get browser Microphone, Thanks!

5. kazuki_unity729

kazuki_unity729

Unity Technologies

What kind of problem are you having?

6. XHadower

XHadower

I want to let my Unity Render Streaming Broadcast get the User's Browser Microphone and send voice to the streamer,
    I was using a script "Audio stream sender" with Broadcast to send streamer voice to user successfully, but I can't get the User voice back to Streamer with "Audio stream Receiver", I saw the sample in Broadcast ,Bidirectional and Multiplayer, How to solve this? Thanks