Search Unity

Translucent Material Issue - Unity 2019.1.0f2 HDRP 5.13

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Hawk_333, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Hawk_333

Hawk_333

Hello,

yesterday I switched to the newest Unity Version and also updated the HDRP to Version 5.13 and came across a really odd problem. The translucent shader is not working properly and creates some very weird problems when "Bloom" in the Post-Processing is active.
    As you can see in the first picture, the translucent material is green (although there is no color whatsoever in the material and also no green light):

Translucent_04.JPG

and as mentioned above when "Bloom" is active the screen gets completely green when moving in the viewport:

Translucent_02.JPG

Having a translucent material applied to an object can also lead to some very strange (again green) artifacts on objects close to the surface (depending on the view). On the right is a plane with the same translucent material applied as before and on the bucket you can see the green artifacts:

Translucent_05.JPG

Unfortunately I have no idea what the problem could be or if I am missing something essential?
    But I haven't had problems like these in the previous version, so I would be very grateful for any suggestions or help in this regard. Thanks :)

NSokolovskyi and oliversitan like this.
  2. antoinel_unity

antoinel_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello, the green color appears when there is a problem with the diffusion profile, i can be either that the diffusion profile on material have not been assigned or the diffusion profile is not in the list of tracked profiles in the HDRP asset:
    upload_2019-4-18_12-2-10.png
    There is a doc for how to setup the diffusion profiles using the new workflow here: https://github.com/Unity-Technologi...efinition/Documentation~/Diffusion-Profile.md. It's not yet up to date with the latest green thing but we'll update ti shortly.

This changes have been made by this PR: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ScriptableRenderPipeline/pull/3354 to see when we are using the default profile (which is not expected). But this change made visible a bug within the material classification initialization code that was not visible before (which causes the whole screen to be green when bloom is enabled), this bug have been identified and a PR is currently in progress to fix this issue: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ScriptableRenderPipeline/pull/3406.

3. Hawk_333

Hawk_333

Thank you Antoinel, I was using the standard Diffusion Profiles for testing and wasn't thinking about the possibility that they are not added into the HDRP Diffusion Profiles - so after adding them the material works fine - expect for the green artifacts (as shown in the third picture on the white bucket), they still remain. But I guess this (like the green-Bloom issue) is also something you are currently trying to fix? Or should I use the repo you mentioned in your answer to fix this issue? Thank you in advance.

4. antoinel_unity

antoinel_unity

Unity Technologies

Yes, the remaining green bits are the same issue, as a quick fix you can disable the compute material variants option in the HDRP asset:
    GreenTilesBug.gif
    This is an important optimization for the HDRP pipeline but at least it will allow you to work

NSokolovskyi and oliversitan like this.
  5. Hawk_333

Hawk_333

Thank you so much for your help, the artifacts are gone, now I can work with the new version of HDRP and Unity. I hope you will be able to fix the issue with Bloom as well in the near future.
    Kind regards and thanks again.