Search Unity

Transition won't let me add condition for an unknown reason

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Amirh18, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Amirh18

Amirh18

I have an animation controller and I'm spamming transitions like I should and everything worked greate until for an apperant reason it simply doesn't let me add contion, screenshot :

Every other transition worked ! I've added a transition condition to every other Idle, just from idle1 to idle6 I press the + button and nothing happens.
    I can add transitions between Idle5 and idle6 for example. I have no idea what's happning, thanks !

EDIT: I'll add that my condition is int if this adds some useful info to the problem

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    JustATensai likes this.
  2. Amirh18

Amirh18

Well, it solved itself after 30 minutes. It simply decided to let me add a condition, leaving this thread for future googlers.

3. psychicsoftware

psychicsoftware

Hey, here I am! Future googler with same issue.

iamstizzi likes this.
  4. rad1c

rad1c

Future googler 2 here. Same issue...

<rumble>
    I see so many bugs and flaws in Unity, especially around post processing and animations, the game I'm coding right now will be the last one in this(...) engine...
    </rumble>

Anyway. As the usual close & restart, start over from scratch, etc didn't work this time, I fiddled a little more with this...

Finally, what worked for me was: open up "Settings" for the affected transition, and uncheck "Fixed Duration". Add the condition you wish (now it magically works again), then check back "Fixed Duration" so you won't mess up your anim/transition (probably would also work with changing anything else, so "poking" the transition some way a little seems to be the solution).

It looks like the error is triggered by removing transitions from an animation controller. Or I don't know... It's Unity... it can be anything...

5. fonko

fonko

some times you need to go to assets menu and "reimport all" will fix weird issues... right now i'm not sure why but im getting a bool variable that stops working if i edit a transition arrow... specifically the bool that results from
    Physics2D.OverlapCircle()... it will stop working if i edit any of the transitions... and i need to go to reimport all in order to get back to normal.

weird.

tiru_g007 likes this.
  6. Gstewart

Gstewart

It's a quirk. Replace the anim clip (motion) in the state temporarily, and it works fine in my case.

7. wolilio

wolilio

"reimport all" not fix this

iamstizzi likes this.
  8. tiru_g007

tiru_g007

guess what? this bug is still happening at 2019.2.4f1... Gstewart workaround worked for me... also, rad1c's solution only worked the first time I did this...

also... rad1c's rumble x2

9. kyleyoungblom

kyleyoungblom

same bug in 2018.4.22f1 LTS

- Tried to add a transition while in play mode. Condition add icon wasn't greyed out or anything, but clicking it did nothing.
    - Exited play mode, still couldn't add condition
    - Selected the state the transition originated from, deleted the reference to the anim clip
    - Condition add button worked, I added my condition and plugged the clip back in

10. vikAy99

vikAy99

For all the people that stumble on that problem in 2021.
    Make sure your transition is not the entry transition(marked orange), instead select an other state or right click the desired state and click Make Transition

11. giovannazanella

giovannazanella

If anyone is here because they get the error "parameter does not exist in controller", it's not an error, just add the parameter first on the left side of the screen.

12. bandiko37

bandiko37

I had the same Issue the problem IS because your are on play mode you wont be able to save or add conditions in play mode hope this helps :)

13. Mk4467

Mk4467

i had same problem now when i want to add condition i move unity windows to left side of the screen it sounds weird but it worked