Search Unity

Transition into empty state. Animator Unity 4.3

Discussion in 'Animation' started by mouurusai, Nov 24, 2013.

1. mouurusai

mouurusai

[FIXED IN 4.3.3]
    Hello! I have: generic rig and controller with 2 layers: the aim layer(one state with aiming animation)(1) and the shoot layer (with one separate state, for each weapon and empty state). The aim layer set as override, it contain: state with shooting animation, and state without animation. In 4.2 after the shot (trasition to the state without animation)- hand smoothly returns to the position it was in when aiming, but in 4.3 it tries to return to a position that was skinpose. Does anyone have something similar, any way to fix this?
    Thanks in advance!

1)For test purposes, actually i have few syncronized layers, one for each type of weapon.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  2. mouurusai

mouurusai

Anyone?

3. _Elros_

_Elros_

Hello, I think I have the same problem ...

I have created a layer to animate the character turns. The turns to the right and left start correctly from an empty state, but during the transition back to this empty state seems that the character tries to return to the T-pose, instead of blending with the lower layers properly.

Is that your problem too, right?

4. squish007

squish007

i have this problem too. something changed between 4.2 and 4.3 regarding how unity handles empty animation states, which i used heavily throughout my project to handle events. when moving from an animation state to an empty state, the animation used to just hold on the last frame. now it jumps back to the beginning of the default state, which doesn't make any sense. does anyone have a fix for this?

5. yuewahchan

yuewahchan

6. raveren

raveren

Is there any way to work around this? This happens transitioning to AND from an empty state. Has anyone from Unity acknowledged this is an issue?

7. Flavelius

Flavelius

i would like to see this fixed too..

8. rectalogic

rectalogic

There was a bug in the issue tracker recently that looked similar (issue 580802), it was marked as "closed by design" and has since been deleted. Google has a cache as of now:

Google cache of http://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/in-macanim-the-empty-state-always-use-the-default-state-of-gameobject

9. Flavelius

Flavelius

i really! hope this is not intended behaviour (though this post seems like it deals with 2d characters).
    Here's how it looks in my game:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gwLUUFl2iI
    Visible, when it transitions into BeginCast and back to Idle. This is ugly (since the last Unity version)!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014