Search Unity

Transition effects in cinemachine?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by ChatzigeorgiouGeorge, Feb 24, 2018.

1. ChatzigeorgiouGeorge

ChatzigeorgiouGeorge

Hello,
    i was in Unite 2017 last year where i saw cinemachine for the very first time and i must say that i found it very useful. A question that was made from the audience was whether transition effects when we change cameras are going to be added. So i wanted to ask.. does anyone knows if such an upgrade is going to be released or is it still on the road?
    Best from Greece

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

I'm not sure what you mean by "transition effects", and I don't recall the specific question from the audience. Can you elaborate?

In the latest release of CM (2.1.12) we have added the possibility of changing the positional blend style (linear vs. spherical/cylindrical about the LookAt target). Is that the sort of thing you're talking about?

3. Adam_Myhill

Adam_Myhill

Hey, I think I remember that question. Was it transition effects like wipes and dissolves between cameras? If so that's a big one. Mainly because both cameras need to be rendered plus the transition effect - it will be expensive! - almost certainly not real-time.

We have laid the groundwork for this with multiple Cinemachine Brains and multiple Unity Cameras, effectively only acting as render targets.

This feature is still on the roadmap, we've made most of the progress on the Cinemachine side, the rest is for the Video team to support operations on two video tracks. I'll try to get a more up to date estimate.