Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Transition between two animations in-game looks different from the transition preview

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Lowman, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Lowman

Lowman

Hello,
    I've been experiencing a very strange issue lately and have to this day failed to solve it.
    Basically I've set up a punching animation which is being triggered by a trigger parameter and once it's done playing it's supposed to transition back to the idle animation using the exit time.
    But this is what happens:

In this video I show what the transition preview looks like first (this is also how I want the transition too look like),
    then what the imported animation looks like and finally what happens in-game.
    As you can see, the animation that's playing in-game seems to freeze for a split second before returning back to the idle state. I've already tried numerous different things such as adjusting the length of the animation, changing the exit time, reimporting the animation, etc... but to no avail.
    I've never encountered an issue like this before and I also couldn't find any other forum threads that discuss a similar problem.
    So if anybody knows what could be causing this, any help would be highly appreciated!