Search Unity

Transform Utilities, nudge, rotate, flip and snap to grid using keyboard [FREE]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by steego, Aug 5, 2011.

1. steego

steego

Transform Utilities is a set of utilities for the Unity editor that allows you to easily nudge, rotate, flip and snap objects to a grid using keyboard shortcuts, or editor buttons. The grid can have independent scaling along each axis.

The grid can also be drawn in the scene view, each of XZ, YZ and YX grids can be shown independently and have a custom color.

Note that the grid and snap functions are independent of Unitys internal grid and snap.

Get it for free on the Asset Store

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  2. steego

steego

Update: Added undo functionality and possibility to operate on more than one selected transform

3. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

Very Handy thanks for putting this up.

4. ProjectOne

ProjectOne

Nice, I think this will come handy with what I am doing. Thanks for sharing

5. ProjectOne

ProjectOne

Hi steego,
    I have just started using it, but I noted that in my case (I did an import packages and added TransformUtil) when I hit the PLAY button within unity then stop and go back to scene view the custom grid is not there anymore and I have to recreate it.

Is there a way to keep the grid permanent until i uncheck the Show Grid checkbox?

Very useful tool

6. steego

steego

Thanks for letting me know. I see the problem, and I'm working on a fix.

7. ProjectOne

ProjectOne

8. steego

steego

New version uploaded, 1.2. Changes:

• The grid is now only drawn when the TransformUtil window is open (can be docked)
    • Settings are now stored between sessions (ie. closing and re-opening Unity) on a per project basis
    • Added a button in the settings to set the grid offset to the current active transform (snaps grid to transform)
    • Fixed the grid disappearing when pressing play, the grid will now show all the time as long as the TransformUtil window is open

9. steego

steego

10. Tiles

Tiles

I have a problem with the settings. They do not get stored. What i can find is four entries in the registry that says ungültiger (DWORD-Wert (32-Bit)). Ungültig is the german word for invalid. I have this by the way for some other Unity entries too. But am not sure if it belongs to this problem.

Any ideas how to fix that so that my values gets stored?

I´m on a Win 7, 64 Bit system here, with Unity 3.52f installed.

11. Tiles

Tiles

No response? Is this tool not longer supported? It`s so useful :(

12. steego

steego

Sorry I've been traveling and haven't been able to respond. It looks like I have managed to mess up the versions, so the prefs save wasn't included in the latest version on the asset store. You can get the last version on my homepage at [REDACTED] - I'll update the asset store package as well when I get the time.