Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Transform sorting order

Discussion in '2020.1 Beta' started by palex-nx, Dec 16, 2019.

1. palex-nx

palex-nx

Hello!
    2020 is very soon so I decided to check the alpha by coding a simple pvp card game. In that game player have 6 cards on hand and I implemeted this via transform order. But when I place my player's hand prefab into scene, the transform order breaks and there's no way to chage it.

In the scene hierachy looks like this (this is obviously not how I designed this hierarchy initially):

Code (CSharp):
    1. Player (instance of prefab "player")
    2.   Hand (instance of prefab "hand")
    3.     Card_1 (instance of prefab "card")
    4.     Card_4 (instance of prefab "card")
    5.     Card_5 (instance of prefab "card")
    6.     Card_3 (instance of prefab "card")
    7.     Card_2 (instance of prefab "card")
    8.     Card_6 (instance of prefab "card")
    If I try to reorder them as they should be, Unity (expected behaviour) says "Can't restructure prefab instance". But when I click "Open Prefab", I see same broken order and I can easily fix it. But after switching out of prefab mode, the structure gets broken again... I have Auto Save in prefab mode checked, if it matters.

I don't know, how to fix that? Thanks for any help or advice!

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Could you please submit a bug report with a reproduction project for this issue if this is still happening?