Search Unity

Transform hierarchy does not match?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Splosions, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Splosions

Splosions

I have done a fair amount of googling around for the past few days on this issue, moved on to some other parts of the project, and now I am back, and of course the error doesn't go away on its own, so now I have to fix it.

I am using some Daz3d models and trying to get them to work with UMotion Pro or even with other animations. It complains it cant find a Hips bone when attempting to use the models avatar for some other, animations.

When I look into the avatar, the "Hips" bone is there and it does have a transform applied to it, so what the hell?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  2. TantzyGames

TantzyGames

I think it's saying it can't find a "hip" bone in your imported character.

You should only "Copy from Other Avatar" if the source avatar is created from the exact same rig/heirarchy. Otherwise you should create a new avatar definition from the imported character.

Mecanim-Dev likes this.
  3. J_Ripley

J_Ripley

I am also having a problem. Following Jason Weimann's video on building a 3d game with robots, he uploaded a file to Mxamo with Robot soldier. I tried to do it and spent two days watching the spinning and it is an fbx file. FInally downloaded the Shooting animation and got the mismatch on the last picture. Do not know how to fix this and can use all the help I can get.

Attached Files:

4. ajx33

ajx33

Did you ever fix this?

5. Djohxnn

Djohxnn

I had this problem, Fixed by not doing "Copy from other avatar" but instead you're supposed to "Create from this model" an humanoid avatar for both (the retarget animation and your target model) then after saving you can duplicate the desired animation out of the retarget animation fbx and use it on your target model