Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Transform Animations in 2017.4.40f1 Not Working

Discussion in 'Animation' started by midnightmilloir, Dec 1, 2022.

1. midnightmilloir

midnightmilloir

Hi I am having problems getting a simple rotation animation to work using keyframes. The problem I'm having is the keyframes are unable to save values. I've tried using the record button and changing the keyframe values directly to 180 but either way it just resets to 0. Can anyone please provide insight as to why this is
    broken?

Hitting the record button and change the Rotation.y in Inspector applies to the prefab and not to the individual keyframe. So when I preview the animation my prefab is stuck in the new rotation instead of animating through it.

I've also tried updating the keyframe value directly in the Animation window. In the text box at the bottom left for Rotation.y I'm trying to set the middle keyframe to 180. But after hitting Enter it resets to 0.

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 5.50.56 PM.png

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
  2. midnightmilloir

midnightmilloir

I'm still unable to determine why I can't apply a rotation animation to my player prefab, but I figured out a workaround. I added this player prefab to a parent prefab and created the animation on the parent. I hope this helps other people that have this issue.