Search Unity

Question Transferring project between Mac and PC

Discussion in 'AR' started by skyeg3, Apr 9, 2021.

1. skyeg3

skyeg3

Hey guys I am new to unity so I'm not sure if this is a easy question or not. My main rig is a PC some nice big screens. I just Bought a 13 inch MacBook Pro so that I could compile iOS apps. Anyway, I immediately noticed the smaller screen size and would definitely prefer to work on my bigger screens on the PC as much as possible. So my question is - Is it possible to create a unity project on dropbox then open that project on my MacBook and continue working there? Does working off of dropbox cause issues? There's some kind of game export that needs to happen when you're switching platforms?

Thanks for your help.

2. metigel94

metigel94

I'm in a similar situation and only need a mac to build my application to iOS.
    I created a project on my GitHub account, created a .gitignore for Unity, installed SourceTree on both machines and cloned both projects to both machines.

Now, whenever I made something on my main PC and I'm ready to build to iOS, I simply push my changes to git using SourceTree and pull them on my mac to start building.

I would not use something like Dropbox since you will have different settings between machines (build settings set to iOS on mac and build settings set to Windows on your main PC). Also, you will have a bunch of meta files that Dropbox will move around between machines. This is both unncessary and time consuming.

skyeg3 likes this.
  3. skyeg3

skyeg3

Sounds like you got it figured out. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.