Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Transfer Queued

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by localhost, Nov 5, 2016.

1. localhost

localhost

upload_2016-11-5_22-58-26.png

Hi, i've been getting "transfer queued" when uploading or downloading changes. I've tried multiple computers with different projects and still had this problem. It uploads and downloads file but it shows "Transfer queued" and doesnt show me any percent/how much is downloaded/etc like it usually does.

Cheers

2. thierry_unity

thierry_unity

Hi,
    Can you tell me what version you are using? It was a know issue we fixed recently but I wonder if it hasn't landed in the right versions.
    thanks!

3. localhost

localhost

Hi, i'm using unity 5.5.0b10

4. thierry_unity

thierry_unity

After investigation, it seems that the fix only entered in 5.5.0b11. If you upgrade it should fix your issue.
    sorry.

5. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

Having this issue right now with Unity 5.6f03.

6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

I'm sorry to hear that. Are you seeing this error with other projects? Do you see it when just uploading, downloading, or both?

7. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

Looks like it is actually a display bug. It will sit there and keep saying "Queued" for a long time if you let it. However if you just dismiss the little popup box by clicking off, the open it again it will change to say Preparing Submit.

At the moment I haven't gotten past that so not sure yet if it is working or not.

EDIT: Only seeing this on my Windows machine when uploading at the moment. Last I connected from my macbook it was fine.

8. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Does it seem like it's still updating in the background, it's just the UI that isn't reflecting those changes? Does the Collab Toolbar icon change to show that it's up to date with a green checkmark after letting it update/publish for a while?

You could try deleting your Packages folder so ensure that it gets the latest version and see if that helps the UI to update more regularly like it's supposed to. You can find your Packages folder here:
    <username>/AppData/Roaming/Unity/Packages

9. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

I symlink (Junction) my packages directory so as to not fill up my SSD. Not sure if that could be causing an issue but it never did in the past.

I let it run for about 3 hours this morning and it never finished. The UI kept saying Preparing Submit and the button had a spinning circle in it. No checkmark like you would normally see when done.

EDIT: I do have very large push to make so that might have something to do with it. 99% of it is a very large content folder that has a crapton of textures in ot. Several gb, maybe 10gb or so. Is there a way to tell Collab to exclude that?

10. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

Ok I can confirm that large folder was the problem. I removed that from my project (since I don't need to sync it) and now Collab is syncing fine.

Removing it from my project isn't a long term solution though so would be nice if perhaps I could mark it to not be synced or something.

11. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

When it comes to publishing large changes, you can try using our partial publish feature by right-clicking on a smaller selection of changes then go to Collaborate->Publish to push only those changes. Large publishes that consistently fail are more likely to succeed when you reduce the number of changes being pushed using this method.

After you've published a folder with lots of assets that you don't plan to change or want to only use for reference, you can add them to your .collabignore file in your project's root folder so that Collab can ignore any changes make to them in the future.

12. Aeonvirtual

Aeonvirtual

This still happens in 2018.2.3 very often. If you are working with a a team that makes regular commits and you haven't pulled any changes for 2 days this happens. Makes collaborate kind of useless.

13. idurvesh

idurvesh

I am stuck as welll

14. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Aeonvirtual, as mentioned in our tips for using Collaborate, Collaborate works best when everyone on the team grabs the latest commits from their teammates as often as possible to stay synced.

Hi @idurvesh, can you go into more details about what issue you're seeing? Is the Collab Toolbar stuck on the Transfer Queued screen? Which version of Unity and Collaborate are you using?

15. idurvesh

idurvesh

It got solved now, I just kept it open for 15 minutes...I forgot that I added the new asset worth 2gb so may be it caused that long

Ryan-Unity likes this.