Search Unity

Transfer project ownership to other organisation

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by hessel_mm, Oct 30, 2015.

1. hessel_mm

hessel_mm

I used to be able to transfer (ownership of) projects to another persons and organisations, but that option seems to be completely gone...

Was it removed, moved or is this a bug?

In the meanwhile, is it possible to move project via support? I have a couple of projects that are bound to my "personal" organization and that need to be moved to my company's organisation.

2. unitychrism

unitychrism

Hi there,

The ability to transfer a project was removed from the Cloud Build interface in order to avoid confusion as the action is applied to your project across all Cloud services. If you log in and access the below URL (substituting your organization name), you should see a list of your projects that you can drill into and transfer to an organization that you belong to.

https://core.cloud.unity3d.com/orgs/[[your org id]]

Edit: Do make sure you're logged into your account before attempting to access the link.

meshari94 likes this.
  3. hessel_mm

hessel_mm

Thanks, that did the trick.

(ps. the over eager not-logged-in redirects are annoying at more than one location. e.g. I can't log into the mobile (iOS) version of the cloud build site because Safari detects to many redirects)

4. rluks

rluks

Thank you. It worked for me as well.

5. IvyKun

IvyKun

Hi,

That website redirect me to: https://developer.cloud.unity3d.com/orgs/[your org id].

Have any of you been able to transfer any project to other oranization? It always give me an error, from the website and from the editor and also with unity ads and analytics disabled and even with the project unlinked. It just seems no possible way to do it.

From the website I get "Unable to transfer project to another organization. (423)"
    From the editor: "Action failed. The resource that is being accessed is locked."

Thanks!

6. unitychrism

unitychrism

IvyKun,

Any chance that you have Ads enabled on the project you're trying to transfer? In that case, some review may be necessary before the project can be transferred. Direct message me if that is the case and I'll point you in the right direction.

7. IvyKun

IvyKun

Hi Chris,

Yeah I had Unity Ads enabled for that project. I tried disabling Unity Ads but the error was still there.

I also contacted support and they told me the best option was to re-create the project on the other organization and delete the old one when the delete functionality becomes available, because the project become "locked" once you enable Unity Ads even if you disable them later.

Is not the best option but if it works it's ok by me :)

8. tomtominc

tomtominc

how do i find my orgid?

d0k, sbtp and JoRouss like this.