A Unity ID allows you to buy and/or subscribe to Unity products and services, shop in the Asset Store and participate
in the Unity community.
Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by rextr09, Sep 26, 2012.
Looks great, did you consider having bends or hills?
No, not yet. My current implementation is not flexible enough to support that
Traffic Racer Update 1.4 is now on the App Store. Lots of new content, features, gameplay improvements and bug fixes are there in this release. Here is the full list of changes:
- Added 3 new cars
- Added 1 new rim
- Added auto acceleration option
- Two-way mode is now easier.
- View distance is slightly increased and now depends on speed
- Slightly increased cash income
- Driving in the opposite direction now gives extra cash
- Max overtake bonus now depends on current speed
- Slightly decreased sensitivity at higher handling levels
- Decreased the traffic's overcrowding rate
- Added anti-aliasing for newer devices.
- Improved texture quality at car selection menu
- Improved texture quality on traffic cars
- Added high speed and camera shake effects
- Slightly polished car selection screen
- Added exhaust flame sounds
- Added countdown where the game is resumed
- Lots of bug fixes and improvements
Have a nice day!
The graphics look really nice. I like the addition of the snow levels. As far as performance, maybe you could do a larger region check to see if there is a car in the area, then if there is run the more complex collision and AI checks.
Good luck to you!
Any chance we see an Android version? I mean, since it's in Unity. C'mon!
@huxley ,thanks for the tip.
@pavlito ,thanks, yes there will be also an Android version. And (when Unity supports it) there will be Windows Phone 8 version.
Here is a new car for the upcoming update of Traffic Racer.
this game look amazing good job man.
Just my opinion ,but 0,99$ is cheap for the amount of hard work you made.
How u repeat the pieces of road???
Thanks, yeah I know it's a little cheap and probably a big company could sell it at higher prices. But I'm an unknown guy and this is my first game. So how can I gain confidence of people so that they are ok with higher prices?
Road pieces are repeated according to the cars position. In other words, a new road piece is generated after our car passes a certain point.
can u tell me plz how we can set the position of the new generated piece of road..M stuck in this problem...
I done it...
I see you have an old honda civic ek9 in there! Looks good
1. Why do i see my road texture blurred on phone ?Blurring is at the far point, as the point comes closer, it becomes clear, why is it so ? How can i improve this
2. Why are you generating a road like this and why no use occ culling by creating the entire scene ? As you can make a long scene presuming no 1 can play for more than 70 or may be 90 minutes
1. - That's called mip-mapping and it helps with the rendering of the world. It creates different resolutions of textures and spans them out a set distance. It's like the LOD of textures.
2. - Occlusion Culling is a Pro only feature, so a lot of folks don't have access to that. Not to mention if the roads are dynamically loaded, you can't pre-bake the view geometry into the view areas. It just doesn't make sense to bake some view areas in this type of scenario.
I mean, how can i get rid of mip-mapping ? I never switched it on
It's enabled by default. You can disable it at texture import options. First, select advanced, then disable mipmapping.
In addition to JamesArndt's message, you can add some randomness by dynamic loading.
In my game "Highway Run" i adjusted the "Aniso-Level" to 3-6 (on the Texture Import Settings) to avoid the blurry street. It helps a lot
Please show me an image, where do i need to do it. And yes dynamic loading is a cool idea. I may rework my scene as i was trying to use Instant OC as it is time saving.
Here in the first image.
Texture Type -> Advanced.
Generate Mip-Maps -> Uncheck.
M2H Culling is a good simple option for something like this...if you don't have access to Unity Pro and it's Occlusion Culling.
i like this game rxtr09..very awesome..
can you help me??
i hope your can share about this project for help my thesis..
i will PM you
Some graphical improvements for the next update..
@rextr09, I had a quick look at the videos, looks nice!
Can I ask, is the car moving in the world, or is everything else moving towards the car? If the car is indeed moving do you reset it every so often, or just let it run?
Wow, I thought I commented on this thread before but I couldn't find it - then I realize its on another thread with very similar looking game called Highway Run LOL...
Looks great, would definitely be getting this.
The car is moving, not the world. But I have also tried the other way around. They both work equally good. Can you clarify your second question a bit further?
Thanks! Yes you have replied to my W.I.P thread here:
Yeah of course. Do you worry about floating point issues as the car gets a long way from the origin?
Oh I see.. No, I didn't think about that. The car just runs infinitely. No problems so far.
Hi all, here is a new gameplay trailer for the upcoming update (v1.5) of Traffic Racer, featuring the brand new city night! Enjoy!
Also, I need some help from the native German speakers for my app description. It's already written but needs to be checked for errors. Thanks in advance.
Finally! Traffic Racer 1.5 Update is now available on the App Store! This update brings 1 new location (city night), 2 new cars, replays and many more. Here is the full change list:
- Added 1 new location (City Night)
- Added 2 new cars
- Now you can watch share your game replays (only for iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and above)
- Improved overall quality of car selection screen
- Renewed all the rims
- Improved the model quality of some cars
- Renewed engine sounds of some cars
- Relocated the arrow buttons in auto acc. mode
- Performance optimizations
- Lots of bug fixes and improvements
Hi again, I'm trying to find a professional concept artist that I can fully trust. If you know someone good and honest, please let me know. Thanks.
Congrats to making it to #1 in the app store. Great to see all your hard work has paid off!
Haha I remember you asking me questions about Highway Run and now you are just rocking the App Store(s)!
Congratulations from me, too.
Great game ... would love to hear a post mortem about it!
Thanks. Yeah, I remember those days I wish you also good luck with your games.
Any idea what caused that spike in iOS rankings?
Congrats, it's truly inspiring!!
Thanks. It's because of the recent release on Google Play which is free to download.
Wow.. never would I have thought a free release on Android would affect iOS like that. Thank you for the information, it is much appreciated!
damn... I'm making game like yours about a year but only on pc.
This is really good game
This is a great game.
I have noticed that your main car doesn't really turn, but it only switches lanes.
How have you implemented that?
I got this on my tablet nexus 7, really fun game to play
Looks good to me....reminds me of those old school NES games
Can you tell the differences for vehicles between main menu and the game. Polycount, normal map if you used?
Sorry for the late reply. There is no difference between the cars in main menu and the game.
It's just transform.Translate
Hi rextr09, your game looks excellent. We saw your game when looking for a game using anti aliasing. We have a problem about anti aliasing on Android devices. (we are using unity 4.3.1 pro) Do you use standard anti-aliasing or another specific trick? If you use anti-aliasing what is your unity's version?
Hi, I use the standard 2x anti-aliasing. My unity version is 4.2.2.
I want to thank you for adding a Chevy S10 pickup, it's the truck I have in real life.