Search Unity

Trading Card Game Maker

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Melang, Mar 30, 2014.

?

What would you like to see in this kit:

1. lots of pre-coded spell and creature effects (ex. copy creature, double strike)

224 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. cool 3d effects, possibly a 3d background (ex. Hearthstone, MtG:DP)

147 vote(s)
    35.8%
  3. optimization for mobiles

182 vote(s)
    44.3%
  4. multiplayer

260 vote(s)
    63.3%
  5. card art that you are free to use in your games

106 vote(s)
    25.8%
  6. sound effects and voices

92 vote(s)
    22.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. monkeypaddy

monkeypaddy

hey could anyone help with getting a spell to show when player plays it rather than just when an enemy does it

2. kilik128

kilik128

any news please

3. moure

moure

I just cant believe how an asset that was last updated on Aug 16, 2014 and obviously has no support or news from the developer since last November (iirc) is still being sold on the asset store...Unity should really tighten their policy against this kind of behavior by either making clear on their store with red bold letters that "THIS PRODUCT IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED" or by removing script based products that aren't maintained all together to protect their customers. Its really not fair to the rest honest hard working developers that do their best to keep their product up to date and communicate with their customers.
    I wouldnt keep my hopes up if i were you ;)

SwiftIllusion and MrEsquire like this.
  4. kilik128

kilik128

i asking because Melang have Last edited: Jul 3, 2015 the frist post with how use for unity 5

so the idea is maybie make somethink's continue to grow with customers

5. moure

moure

I had actually missed that.. That's even worse for me since that means that he actively ignores everything here the last 10 months...

6. kilik128

kilik128

it is tactical marketing :)

7. dustystorm

dustystorm

Iam curious. Does this come with scripts with code to change things? How easy would it be to edit images? Is it easy to change what a card does to something that you haven't coded in?

8. dustystorm

dustystorm

In order for me to buy. My questions need to be answered

9. Son of Agni

Son of Agni

I will buy this kit, if the developer comes back and works with it again. I know I am not the only one who feels this way, it would be very nice to see some support form the community. If we want this, we should really tell the developer somehow.

c-Row and MrEsquire like this.
  10. Trevinburgh

Trevinburgh

Same here

11. Trevinburgh

Trevinburgh

If this was $20 I'd buy it to kick-start my own development. But for €96 I want something that's being actively worked on and developed. I understand that developers feel the need to move on to other projects, but the asset should be priced accordingly.

Spoken_OS likes this.
  12. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Glad I only picked this up for $15 on sale ... though to be honest, for an asset that's no longer supported, I probably still paid too much.

13. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

I woulnd recommend to purchase it. Product clearly reached EOL.

14. Mystique5

Mystique5

I contacted him in Skype in his account Melang1111. He said the product is working perfectly well and you can change it as you like to make your own version of the game. However, I think the game is priced way too high. Can someone ask him to lower down the prices?

15. blendNZjnr

blendNZjnr

Is anyone whos been following this project able to shed some light on this question?

How best to store card images/sprites and other variables (name etc) in some kind of table (deck) to be accessed by a generic card object when a new card instance needs to enter the scene?

Would appreciate any pointers to the right type of table asset or code documentation or any help you can offer.
    Thanks

16. DarkLiquid43

DarkLiquid43

i know he provided some tools to make your own game and all but 90$ is extremely steep. especially for the people who dont know what they are doing firmly enough to take full advantage of this. even if said person bought this expecting it to be relatively easy, its not. i havent bought it but it does not look like its something ill buy.

17. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Thread hi-jacking here... figure its okay due to EOL (original author I will delete this post on your request) ...

I'm thinking about creating something similar (except supported, and hopefully much more polished and feature rich). Would be interested in getting PMs with thoughts on the topic (register your interest, let me know the key features for you, pricing, etc).

18. DigiLusionist

DigiLusionist

If you create an extension for Unity that enables a non-programmer to create digital card games, I'd buy it.

19. pleewpleew

pleewpleew

Just start the project off and add feature requests after, as you go along. I would have purchased this myself, but we never got the next update, so I would rather build my own solution as my game is way different anyway. I would like a similar project..as long as you keep updating it to support new versions of unity and adding some new features and updates every once in a while. It may be a good idea to start working on it if you take a look at some of the marketplace updates coming to the asset store soon (roadmap). Even though my project is a bit different, there would be some code in there that will be useful to me.

20. coolasc

coolasc

would definately buy, I got an idea of a project wich would fit best as a TCG, with the current little coding (and anything related) skills I currently have a jumpstart would definately be welcome, came into this post actually to check if this product was still somewhat into it's time or was EOL as it seems

21. OdinVanguard

OdinVanguard

I would like to contribute a bunch of free art for others to use for their card games. It was all either made by myself using 3D modeling and rendering programs, or else was made from free images from sxc.hu that I modified / blended together in GIMP. In the case of the latter I always include links to the other sources as well in case someone wants / needs to look it up for copyright info, etc... If anyone knows a better spot to post let me know. The link is below. Its something of a hobby of mine so I will probably add more as I make them.

http://imgur.com/a/pRtYG

22. messadia

messadia

help not working