Search Unity

[Solved] Tracking different currencies. How to do it?

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by DGMFabian, Nov 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DGMFabian

DGMFabian

Hey there,

we are currently tracking our IAP revenue with Amplitude. Amplitude currently only supports ONE currency, so to track revenue from different countries we need to "convert" the localized price to USD, because Unity provides only the localized Price with the Product.

At the moment we use a hard coded dictionary with the product id and the USD price. The Problem is: We don't want to update the app and go through the complete submission process for the apple app store twice, just to get the "right" revenue values for, say, a 1 week sale.

How do you track your IAP revenue? Are you converting the localizedPrice that you get from the product or are you just use the USD price and go with it, even if the revenue is wrong for other countries? When you converting the Price, are you using different conversions per country, even if it is the same currency because of different taxes? (EUR for example)

I hope you get me some insight on how to track revenue properly.

Fabian

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I will look into this, and keep you updated.

DGMFabian likes this.
  3. DGMFabian

DGMFabian

Do you have an update for me?

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Analytics supports any currency and it will automatically do the conversion to USD (and the exchange rates are updated daily). Your app could get the exchange rate from a service (or their web server which runs a cron job to get the exchange rates from a service). You should cache that exchange rate in case there is no internet connection. And you can still use the hard coded dictionary as a fallback. Then the data that you send to Amplitude can be one currency and still accurate. Beyond that, we don't support other services, so we can't offer you much help there.

unityjingyao and DGMFabian like this.
  5. DGMFabian

DGMFabian

Thanks for the help. I will look into the conversions from Unity Side and from a service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.