Search Unity

TrackedPoseDriver issues

Discussion in 'AR' started by Pauleta, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Pauleta

Pauleta

I am making some tests with ARCore and i notice there is a TrackedPoseDriver component attached to the main camera. This component keeps track of the device orientation ( rotation and position ). Rotation works fine but position is a mess. When i shake my phone it seems like all the Andy objects loose track, and sometimes they keeps moving slippery. Someone there has a solution for this ? Any help will be appreciated

2. tdmowrer

tdmowrer

I doubt this is an issue with the TrackedPoseDriver -- that component just queries ARCore and passes the information along to the camera. I wouldn't expect tracking to work properly when shaking your phone.

The reason rotation is likely more robust than position is that rotation can use the phone's IMU, while working out the position is much more complex and involves processing the camera's image. A rapidly changing or blurry image is not ideal.

That said, it works pretty well on my Pixel 1; ARCore is able to recover after I stop shaking the phone and re-establish tracking. What device are you testing on?

3. Pauleta

Pauleta

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, it works like you said on Pixel1, ArCore is able to recover after stop shaking. Yes, i guess shaking the phone is not recommended for now. Position tracking is a hard task indeed but it would be cool to have a nice position tracking. Thanks for your reply.