Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Track override no foot IK checkbox?

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by lawsonh, Jun 15, 2020.

1. lawsonh

lawsonh

Hello Unity.

I have a humanoid animation track with an idle animation and Foot IK unchecked.
    For some reason if foot IK is checked, the feet move up towards the body such that he is floating above the ground, so I unchecked it.

However, i am trying to combine that animation with animation rigging weight blend. so I create an override track where i record the weight blends. When i do this, the feet move back up towards the body, but there is no way to uncheck foot IK, since that option is not available in the inspector. However if I convert the override track to a clip track, the foot IK option is available again and if I uncheck it, everything is fine.

Will you guys make the foot ik checkbox available in recorded tracks? If not, what is the suggested way to fix this?

Thanks,
    Lawson

2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

That is a perfectly reasonable request, however, can you file an issue for this with your specific use case?

The option wasn't made available, because humanoid transforms (with the except the root) aren't keyable so foot IK wasn't a consideration. The introduction of runtime rigging apparently makes that assumption no longer valid.

unityunity