Search Unity

TOZ Water Shaders

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by aubergine, Apr 1, 2015.

1. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Are you able to confirm if this does work with single-pass VR?

2. aubergine

aubergine

Last time i updated this package was with Unity 5.6, so i suppose it wouldnt work at the moment.
    I should update it though.

3. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

It is of great interest for us to use a shader like this on the Oculus Quest/Go platforms if it is able to work on Single-Pass Stereo on those!

4. aubergine

aubergine

It will take time. If you are in a hurry, you can always contact me for a custom shader for your specific needs.

5. aubergine

aubergine

Finally i had some time to update this package to latest 2018.4 (LTS) release.
    Still supports the same features such as; Realtime reflections, refractions, flowmaps, shore foams...etc.
    And still works on mobile.
    There is a specific version for planetary surfaces included in TOZ Planet Renderer
    Will submit the update soon.

water.png

ROBYER1 likes this.
  6. creat327

creat327

do they still work well on mobile?

7. aubergine

aubergine

Offcourse.
    I also made it compatible with Single Pass Instanced and Single Pass Stereo for VR/XR rendering.

ROBYER1 likes this.
  8. creat327

creat327

tried on OpenGL 2 android device?

9. aubergine

aubergine

There are around 10+ shaders in the pack and they are organized from simple to pro features.

Simplest shader works on vs1.0 and ps1.0
    most pro shader works on vs2.5 and ps2.5

So you have options in the range from the most ancient android device to the newest gadgets.

10. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Should I test it out on mobile VR? I wrote my own ocean/water shader in shader graph for URP but I would like to see how yours performs too

11. aubergine

aubergine

I didnt submit it yet, need to improve the depth painter and flow painter tools alittle bit further.
    Ive tested it with Samsung Gear VR and performs well.
    Also, i dont support URP/SRP or any other RP until they are out of beta. Submission will be with latest 2018.4(LTS) release.

ROBYER1 likes this.
  12. creat327

creat327

when is planned to be released? I bought the original package but i had to remove it because it was not compatible with newer versions of unity

13. aubergine

aubergine

I will submit the package at the weekend and it probably take a few more days until aproved.

14. aubergine

aubergine

Finally the package is ready with the improved tools.
    * Mask Painter will help you save hand painted depth textures useful for shores/foam defining, you can also use the tool for other purposes as you can paint on all individual texture channels.
    * Flow Painter helps you save flowmaps. You can also use the tool with other shaders that requires a flowmap texture.
    * There are many shaders in the package for all different purposes such as rivers, lakes, puddles, oceans, pools..etc
    * All of the shaders will work on mobile, although the pro and ultra versions might have alittle bit of fps drop but not that much.
    * All of the shaders are VR/XR compatible.

Here is a video showing the new features and kind of tutorial for the tools mentioned above.

ROBYER1 likes this.
  15. creat327

creat327

16. aubergine

aubergine

Thats because i lack the artistic skills.

The bottom of the water in my video is only sand texture, if you put in some corals and different colors or such, it will look like real water.

In the video you mentioned, the water shader doesnt make the difference, it is the ruins, the nice shore texturing with darker sand on the shores and lighter/greenish sand on the depths, rocks and such. otherwise the shader in there is just clean refractive shader and nothing else.

17. aubergine

aubergine

New update is alive in the assetstore.

18. creat327

creat327

Can you make an APK available so we can see the performance on android before purchase?

I bought the old TOZ package but it seems it's not available to upgrade for free

19. aubergine

aubergine

This is the old TOZ package, if you mean the very old "Aubergines Water Shaders" from Unity 3.x and 4.x, it was upgradable until last year but i removed it after 2 years and i guess you would have upgraded by then.

I cant make a specific APK as there are many shaders inside and the performance of all is relative to the features and i cant spare much time.
    This package is mobile first though, no gerstner waves, no image effects for underwater fog, no volumetrics, no caustics. Everything works fast on mobile.

Finally, these assetstore packages are all generic stuff and no ready package will fit into what you exaclty want/need. However, as i do for all my packages since 10 years, when you buy one of my shader packages you are entitled to ask me for 1 reasonably customized shader specific for your project.

20. creat327

creat327

yeah i had Aubergines Water and then upgraded to TOZ (in fact the folder it's called TOZ on my project). I removed it from my project because it stopped working a while ago. But this package doesn't show as an upgrade or anything, from Aubergines or TOZ or whatever it was named before.

21. aubergine

aubergine

If you have already upgraded to TOZ, you already own this. Just go to assetstore page and click on upgrade ??

22. creat327

creat327

nope, it doesn't so as upgrade.

23. aubergine

aubergine

Send me your invoice number with pm, and ill ask the asset store people about it. Or you can ask them yourself if you prefer.

24. aubergine

aubergine

Here is some improvement on the water shaders to have caustics and some dirty particles when underwater, as well as a simple effect to wiggle screen while underwater.

Caustics are visible when the depth is between 0 to 3m depth(adjustable) and animated obviously.

This will also be included in TOZ Planet Renderer for spherical water.

Will submit the update in a week.
    caustics.png

25. creat327

creat327

No matter what I do it looks plastic. It's not the corals or anything like that. Mine is an open ocean, LUX water looks like water. This one on the video looks like plastic/glass when I move away from it. In my case I'm doing an airplane game and when I'm high from the ground, that water looks like a mirror or glass or plastic like.
    If I manage to make it look better, than when I get down close to it, it will look bad. If I manage to make it look ok close up, then it looks bad from the heights.

26. aubergine

aubergine

This is a generic package, you need to work things according to your requirements.

What do you do to make things look better when your plane is at high altitude? Scale normal maps or adjust different variables?
    Then in your plane script, do things like:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if(plane altitude > certain value) then water.material.values = the good ones for high altitude
    2. else if( plane.altitude < certain value) then water.material.values = the good ones for low altitude
    If still cant manage, send me a simple scene of your game and let me try in my free time.

EDIT: There are 5 different quality shaders including 5 variations for each quality in the package and these are supposed to be used for different occasions.

Finally, the water shaders get their overall look and feel from the environment. If there is nothing like a terrain or anything in the open ocean scene, obviously the water will look dull.

27. aubergine

aubergine

This package is currently 25% OFF for 1 week.

28. Wilbert-Blom

Wilbert-Blom

I'm trying the TOZ water shaders in Unity 2020.1 and with the URP renderpipeline. But it doesn't seem to work: materials are showing the 'purple texture error color'.

29. aubergine

aubergine

It wont work with URP because URP is not supported.

I consider URP and HDRP as buggy, unnecessary features from Unity and i am not planning to support those render pipelines anytime soon.

30. aubergine

aubergine

This package is 50% OFF for the new year sale event.

31. newoldmate

newoldmate

Do reflections work in VR Single Pass Instanced?

32. aubergine

aubergine

I didnt update the package for so long time, probably the realtime reflections wont work. But the medium shaders use cubic reflections, so they should work.