Search Unity

ToxicCity - Roll your way back to your spaceship

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by stefmen, Apr 20, 2009.

1. stefmen

stefmen

My first game made with unity3d

There are only 2 levels now but more are coming

Play it here

I'm more a artist but I'm learning some scripting

I hope u all like the game[/img]

2. KlaRo115

KlaRo115

Nice idea, but it's a bit frustrating that I can't get the ball to roll over the "bridges" to the next platform... :?

3. Discord

Discord

Pretty fun. But I think if you added something to lock the cursor, it would be even better. My mouse kept getting stuck on the edge of the screen.

4. stefmen

stefmen

It's bean a wile but the game is now in v3.0

Many things are fixed and tuned

there are now 3 levels but more are on there way
    I hope u like the game and give me some comments of what u like or doesn't like :D

Play it here

5. Train

Train

I play`d the game but it is not easy to handle the game. But i think when i play it again and again, than i will be better.

6. stefmen

stefmen

the game is updated again,

There are 5 levels now
    and some bugs are fixed

please comment of what u think guys :)

7. Mem Dixy

Mem Dixy

I suggest you add a pause button that pauses the game and brings up the main menu (so you don't have to reload the game to choose a new level.) It would also be nice if at the end of each level it said "You Win" instead of immediately going to the next level. Sound would be nice too. I find it hard to go move around especially around the buildings when the ball has these big spikes sticking out of it because they like to get caught on things and it makes it hard to turn. Perhaps you could make it so pressing the space bar can toggle them on and off.

Here is something the game definitely needs, checkpoints. It is very annoying when your almost to the end of a level and you fall off and have to start over.

There were at least 2 major bugs I found with your game. The more obvious one is that on level 3 if you fall off (which is very likely) you immediately go to level 4 (and because there is no pause menu the only way to try again is to reload the game, which gets old really fast so I never did beat level 3).

On level 2 I found a nice little shortcut which allows you to skip most of the level (I did go back and finish it the real way). When you first start out on level 2 you have to go across a small beam. You are then on a platform with a building in the middle. Looking behind the building you can see the end of the level. The building has no collider so it lets you go right through it. Now a common thing in games (and in my opinion it is a bad thing) is that you go faster strafing to the side and going forward at the same time then you could if you where only strafing or going forward (if that didn't make sense: you go faster pressing A and W then A or W by themselves). Because of this on level 2 after you get off the first beam you go diagonally (strafing and going forward) through the building, off the platform, and land on the exit bringing you to level 3. My suggestion is to put a wall in between the two platforms so that this cannot happen and also normalize the input so you go the same speed no matter which direction you are going.

I added a picture showing the ball falling from the second platform instead of second to last platform (picture doesn't show it very well, problem is if I let go of the controls too early to take a screenshot the ball slows down and doesn't reach the platform).

Attached Files: