Search Unity

Touch Controller not working with open VR

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Blu3pulsar, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Blu3pulsar

Blu3pulsar

Hi there,

Today i tried to Setup a Project including ovr utilities, ovr Avatar and ovr Platform (all seem to bei v.1.28) for my Oculus development. Using the prefabs, the headmound tracking and Looking around in the gamescene works. I also can see the Hands and Controller within the Gamescene and in VR (somehow the are having the Standard shader just as additional Information which is weird already).
    The used Controllers are Touch Controllers and the Oculus Rift System was bought last week. Poses and Inputs work in all Tutorial Applikations

Here is the Problem: No Button Inputs are recognized at all, despite every tutorial i found just imported the packages and were good to go. In Addition the Hand Poses, which are also desplayed to work instantly by importing the packages are not working at.

So far i tried two different versions of Unity (2018.2.0f2 , 2018.2.6f1) as well as only importing ovr utilities.

Yet i didnt find any Solutions, if the sdk isn't working as intended, so maybe someone knows a solution to this Problem. The attached Picture Shows the current Controller in VR:

VR Problem.png

2. WisockiJr

WisockiJr

solved, I had the same problem you have, it seems you can see the controllers being tracked, but the buttons do not respond in Unity. I spent several hours until I figured it out, you will NOT be able to query input of touch controllers on unity until you realize you must wear the HMD on your face. it has a sensor that disable some features, the buttons do not respond if your oculus rift is over the table, hold by your hand, you must put a finger on the proximity sensor of the head mount display HMD, so that Unity3D will start receive button events.

briank and Blu3pulsar like this.
  3. Blu3pulsar

Blu3pulsar

Thx for the fast Reply. I will try this later since i wanted to try an older Version and now have to wait until it is finished.

4. Blu3pulsar

Blu3pulsar

Update: I tried your solution and it works perfectly. Thank you so much for helping, you are the hero of the day :D