Search Unity

Total War style RTS

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by gizzerd91, Dec 11, 2008.

1. gizzerd91

gizzerd91

I've been working on this for the last couple weeks. I won't bore you with a bunch of copy here, so all I have to say is its an RTS (or will be soon) and instead of controlling single units you control whole squads. This is just a cube-up (everything is represented by primitives).

Here are the unit types that:
    Ovals: Infantry
    Cylenders: Ranged

Right click and drag to aim which way your units will face. The guys on the right of the screen that you can't select are enemies. Select some of your units and right click on them. This is really pretty cool, so download it and check it out!

I'm still in the midst of art classes, and as of yet can't do the art that I think would do this justice. I need an artist! post or PM if you're interested.

Attached Files:

2. Joe-Robins

Joe-Robins

Unity Technologies

Hey man, great work!
    I'm a real fan of the Total War series and I like what you have done!

Do you have thoughts regarding setting/theme?

the blobs at the moment make me think of some sort of petri-dish type thing hehe :)

May I suggest adding more AI opponents to the demo to show a bit more of a even battle?

awesome work!

3. gizzerd91

gizzerd91

Thanks. I do have a rather epic plot idea, and ya, enemy AI is on the list right after pathfinding and hills.

Here's how my plot goes (very compressed):
    Europe has a rather steampunky technology boom right after WW1. Nobody ever discovered America until about the 1920s. When they do, the Aztecs have had an extra 400 years to develope, and have discovered a rather cool technology. If they expose themselves to a special crystals radiation (which is mitigated by oxygen, so they have to go up to a mountain where the air is thin to do this) they grow to be somewhere around 40 feet tall and very strong and blue. Their lives are dramatically shortened if they do this. So Europeans discover America, and no-one comes back alive. So Britain sends the BEF (British Expeditionary Force), complete with steam walker suits and giant tanks, to investigate. When they get there they are attacked, and beat off the attack, but their ships are destroyed. So the BEF is stranded on America with a bunch of crazy giant Aztecs. You can play as either side from there. I wanted to go as realistic as possible on graphics. I want ships and boats and stuff to have a life size kind of relationship to the units (castles will be HUGE, houses will be 20 time the size of a unit, etc). Because of that I'm gonna put more detail into houses and ships and giant war machines than the units.

Awefully longwinded. Sorry.

4. rockstrongo

rockstrongo

giant blue aztecs? what have you been smoking?

Only joking, sounds cool. Steampunk FTW!