Search Unity

Total Revenue showing in Unity Analytics but not in iTunes Connect

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by gifer81, Jan 31, 2016.

1. gifer81

gifer81

Hi,

From the Total Revenue chart it looks like that someone made a IAP on Jan 28th (see image). This transaction however is not showing up in ITunes Connect, meaning that I actually won't be getting any money. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. erika_d

erika_d

Hi @gifer81,

There are three revenue metrics we track:
    1. Verified Revenue - the total revenue from in-app purchases that have been verified with a receipt from the app store.
    2. Unverified Revenue - the total revenue from in-app purchases that we were unable to verify with a receipt. This could be from not passing in a receipt value in the transaction call, or from passing in a null value, or if the receipt value is otherwise invalid (i.e. fraudulent or from testing, etc)
    3. Total Revenue - The sum of verified and unverified revenue
    You can check whether the revenue is unverified in the Data Explorer section of the Dashboard. If it is unverified, than it would not show up in iTunes Connect. You can read more about receipt validation here and here. If you still have questions about your particular transaction, please fill out a support ticket so that we can look into the specifics of your account.

3. gifer81

gifer81

Thanks for your response erika.

The Verified Revenue is indeed $7.11 whereas the Unverified Revenue is $0. I just emailed support to sort this out.

erika_d likes this.
  4. JDVDeisgn

JDVDeisgn

what game is it?

5. omegabytestudio

omegabytestudio

So is it a real transaction?

Because I have the same issue. I'm having 10$ total revenue, but nothing show up on ether Google play or Itune Connect.

6. erika_d

erika_d

Hi omegabytestudio,

Sorry we didn't update this thread! We have discovered a bug in how we are tracking verified revenue where some sandbox test purchases were being counted as verified revenue. We have a fix for this bug being tested right now, and hope that it will be ready for release soon.

We can (and will!) update this thread when the fix has been released.

If that does not seem likely to be causing the issue you're experiencing, then I ask that you fill out a support ticket here, so we can look into it further.

7. WhatHandsYield

WhatHandsYield

Is there an ETA on the fix?

8. omegabytestudio

omegabytestudio

Thanks Erika, is it also the case for Unverified revenus?

Because I have 10$ in unverified revenue from the 13th march, and it our date of launch and we didn't do any sandbox test purchase.

9. erika_d

erika_d

Hi @omegabytestudio and @WhatHandsYield!

@omegabytestudio Unverified revenue is a slightly different case because it can come from a few different sources. One of those sources is (non-sandbox) testing, i.e. from the editor, etc. Number 8 on this FAQ gives a slightly more detailed explanation of unverified revenue: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unity-iap-faqs.388069/. One thing that FAQ does not mention, is that because we don't yet have receipt verification for windows, windows transactions are also counted as unverified revenue. Another thing to keep in mind is that depending on the local time when the event was sent, it can sometimes be counted as the following day because we log events in GMT (this kind of thing could happen if someone was testing late into the night).

@WhatHandsYield Unfortunately I do not yet have any real information on an ETA for releasing the fix. We will keep this thread updated as we know more.

WhatHandsYield and mpinol like this.
  10. SniperED007

SniperED007

Was this ever fixed?

11. erika_d

erika_d

HI @SniperED007,

Thanks for following up on this! If you're referring to the Apple sandbox purchases being counted as verified revenue, yes this fix has been released. A similar bug with Google was also fixed. Are you experiencing issues with this?

12. SniperED007

SniperED007

No @erika_d , just wanted to make sure it was fixed.

erika_d likes this.
  13. o1o101

o1o101

Hi @erika_d we are seeing very inaccurate iAP sales reports. Unity analytics shows much more, where as in iTunes connect it is about 1/5 the actual revenue.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

14. o1o101

o1o101

Also, the revenue is showing as "verified" it is saying that it is verified by receipt.

15. o1o101

o1o101

Check out this screenshot.
    upload_2017-2-19_13-26-13.png

16. michaelothen

michaelothen

Hi there - we are also seeing huge amounts of unverified revenue, compared to very little verified revenue... Both iOS and Android.

17. SniperED007

SniperED007

That's from people who are using Apps to try get your IAP for free :( Hope you are verifying your stuff in your game or on your server before unlocking the content.

18. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@deverolirc

Would you be able to submit a support ticket with your Project ID:
    https://analytics.cloud.unity3d.com/support/

@FuseboxGames,

What SniperED007 may be correct. Unverified purchases can come from a variety of sources: platforms where Receipt Verification is not available (Amazon, Windows Store), test purchases, and fraudulent purchases. We often see a large amount of unverified revenue coming from fraudulent transactions. Unfortunately, there aren't many options to reduce Unverified revenue in your dashboard.

If you are using Unity IAP, we do offer Receipt Validation that will enable you to limit your product fulfillment to users that provide a valid receipt. This feature is only available for Google Play and Apple App Store.

19. Sparkline

Sparkline

Hi there since 4 years) I'm not sure if there are any other threads but this is one is from top at google search.
    Sometimes i'm facing wrong iap sales report in unity analytics. This saturday was the most wrong data ever! Unity analytics "Verified IAP revenue"shows 2.5 times more than real numbers in itunes. :(
    Is it normal behaviour?

20. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

There is typically no IAP fraud on the iOS platform. We do count test purchases as verified revenue.

21. Sparkline

Sparkline

I didn't perform any tests with my app. Something is definetely wrong here. Should I email to unity analytics support?

22. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You didn't test IAP before you published? Which product are you seeing that has the high sales in the Unity reports? It would be preferred if we can address here so others may benefit who may be in a similar situation. And you mention "sometimes" you see a wrong report? Is it accurate sometimes? Also, are you using receipt validation? I suspect you are, Apple can reject the app otherwise https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityIAPValidatingReceipts.html

23. Sparkline

Sparkline

I did tests before publishing but it was a year ago. App is live for a long time and has iap sales. And usually the data from unity analytics and app store differs for about 0-5% error. But for some days (like 1-3 in a month) the error can be 200-250%.
    For ex. at 3rd of april unity report shows me 150$ verified iap revenue but in fact(at appstore) it is 65$

I'm not sure about receipt validation, i use unity iap plugin.

24. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Our revenue tracking process will be changing later this year. You would be advised to track your IAP revenue in the store dashboard for now. Regardless you would want to use receipt validation with IAP https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityIAPValidatingReceipts.html