Search Unity

TopDownShooter-ToolKit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Song_Tan, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

I see. I'm guessing it's probably a result of some incompatible on your shoot-object settings and set up and the lack of checks in the code that causes this. Anyway I've sent you a fix via private message. Please import the attached package to your project. Hopefully that will fix the error.

2. SavaGhost

SavaGhost

Thank you so much, I don't see a message in my inbox unfortunately. Can I ask you to upload it here if its not much trouble again.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it.

3. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Very sorry. I'm not sure what happen but somehow the message wasn't sent. I've just resent it. Please check again.

4. Simmo76

Simmo76

Hi there @songtan - great asset! Is there any progress with vertical movement yet? (ie. being able to travel up/down ramps and move across uneven terrain). Thanks!

5. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Well, yes and no. There's navmesh support for the AI unit so if you have the scene set up with navmesh and a few tweak on the RidgidBody of the player unit, you should be able to the navigation working on ramps and uneven terrain. That said, some of the shoot-object (bullet) logic are built to work on a flat terrain so not all of them will work well on uneven terrain.

6. Niroan

Niroan

Hello Song

Is there a way to make player auto aim at nearest target and shoot?

7. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Yes, there's an option in the Inspector for player unit - 'enableAutoAim'. You just need to enable that. Mind you it's not exposed in the editor window so it's Inspector only.

Niroan likes this.
  8. Niroan

Niroan

Is there a way to autoshot? And remove aim?

9. Niroan

Niroan

I think i found a solutions :) Its shooting now, but is there a smart way to only shoot monsters inside range?
    I allready have autoaim and now autoshoot.

2022-08-01_18h34_58.png

10. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Try something like this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Unit target=UnitTracker.GetNearestUnit(player.position);
    2. bool targetInRange=Vector3.Distance(target.transform.position, player.position)<range;

closetgeekshow likes this.
  11. Respaekt

Respaekt

Is it possible using buttons in the mobile controls for the movement. Right now if i read the code correct it wants to use the "TDS Joystick" script and no dedicated buttons for the directions?! I think especially for game modes like the sidescroller where you only have one movement axis its easier with buttons than the joystick. Thanks

EDIT: One futher thing i noticed: the fire button only works on release and not on press... so you cant shoot continously even if you hold the button. I used the Mobile sidescroller scene for testing, but the same code for other scenes so they should have the same problem

Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
  12. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the slow respond. I've just sent a modified touch input script to your inbox. With that, you should be able to assign move button instead of using the joystick. I've also fixed the continuous firing function for the fire button.

Respaekt likes this.
  13. Respaekt

Respaekt

Yes got it thank you! Thats amazing support! Both works fine

14. Helienio

Helienio

Hello, I have this asset from the first version, and now I see that it has some updates, in which was the last version of Unity that made the corrections, there are no errors when importing. I'm using the latest version of Unity, but I'm getting a bunch of warnings and some errors. What version of Unity is recommended to use in order not to receive errors?

15. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

I've just test it on Unity2021.3 and haven't experience any error. Can you show me the error you are having?

16. Pixelnovo

Pixelnovo

will this asset be updated to 2022?

17. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Sorry for the slow respond. This asset is working fine on Unity2022 as far as I can tell.