Search Unity

TopDownShooter-ToolKit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Song_Tan, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

I'm well. Thanks. Hope the same goes for you.

The function you are looking for are AimTurretMouse() and AimTurretDPad() in UnitPlayer.cs, depend on your input method. Hope this help.

2. Sr-Liermann

Sr-Liermann

Nice, thanks, its works.
    Sorry fot many questions,
    Now I just need know where I configure the life time of the shoots? They have a much few time of life.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  3. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

I'm sorry but I don't quite get what do you mean by "life time of shoots". Can you clarify?

4. Sr-Liermann

Sr-Liermann

So, I press the mouse button to fire, then the projectile go forward, and in few seconds after the shoot the projectile disappear.

I would like to know where I can change this duration.

5. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

It's based on the weapon range. Projectile destroy itself after it has traversed the specified range of the weapon it's fired from. So you will need to increase/decrease the range of the weapon.

6. jGate99

jGate99

@songtan
    is it going to be on mega sale?
    Thanks

7. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Unfortunately no. It's not going to be on sale in near future as far as I can tell.

8. jGate99

jGate99

thats v unforutnate :(,
    thanks for the info

9. blindgoat

blindgoat

Hi, thanks for what looks like a great package :)

I just imported it into 2017.3 and there are 9 import warnings and 6 compile-time warnings. A few examples:

Asset '': Transition 'AttackMelee -> Destroyed' in state 'AttackMelee' doesn't have an Exit Time or any condition, transition will be ignored

ImportFBX Warnings:
    Can't import tangents and binormals, because mesh 'Drone_1' doesn't have it.
    Can't import tangents and binormals, because mesh 'Drone_1_Part' doesn't have it.

Lighting data asset ‘LightmapSnapshot’ is incompatible with the current Unity version. Please use Generate Lighting to rebuild the lighting data. Realtime Global Illumination cannot be used until the lighting data is rebuilt.

Assets/TDSTK/Standard Assets/Utility/FPSCounter.cs(15,17): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.GUIText' is obsolete: `This component is part of the legacy UI system and will be removed in a future release.'

Assets/TDSTK/Standard Assets/Effects/ImageEffects/PostEffectsBase.cs(97,65): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.SystemInfo.supportsRenderTextures' is obsolete: `supportsRenderTextures always returns true, no need to call it​

Are there plans to update the toolkit to Unity 2017 and fix these warnings?

Additionally, I am getting run-time assertion failures and I'm unsure why/when they're coming up.

Assertion failed: In order to call GetTransformInfoExpectUpToDate, RendererUpdateManager.UpdateAll must be called first.​

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  10. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't been using unity 2017 myself so I'm not aware of these warnings. The good news is most of shouldn't affect anything whatsoever. I'll see if I can fix them as soon as possible. A few days from now probably.

11. twitchfactor

twitchfactor

I can confirm that using the TDSTK in 2017 causes it to blow up considerably. I get a TON of errors associated with the UI Perks system, inhibiting any testing until compiler errors are fixed.

Looks like if you pull TDSTK into a fresh 2017.xx project, no errors. Odd.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  12. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Are you using the latest version of TDSTK? I've just update it a few days ago. As far as I can tell it should be error free on Unity2017 (with the exception of a few warnings due to the asset import from older version of unity). I'm using 2017.2 btw. If you are still experiencing error, please let me know.

13. MJacobsen186

MJacobsen186

Hello! I'm interested in purchasing your asset so that I can quickly prototype a few game ideas I've been designing. I have a few questions I was hoping you could answer:

1) Is this asset easily changed from 3D to 2D? Is there anything that could potentially not function as intended in 2D?

2) How easily can we implement our own custom weapons/abilities? For example: a bouncing shot that bounces off walls, mines, a shot that leaves fire on the ground after traveling X distance, a 'dodge roll' that gives you invincibility frames. Things like this. I'm essentially asking how flexible the engine is and how creative we are allowed to be with our additions (what are the limitations?).

3) Would it be possible to modify the game to allow for two players? For example Co-op or a death-match style mode (Player Vs. Player).

I'm really impressed by the demo (played through all the scenes) and I'm really hoping it suits my needs :).

EDIT: Just to clarify with #2, I'm (fairly) fluent in C# coding, so I'm asking if it's possible for me to add these weapon types myself. I'm not asking if they are natively supported (because I don't think they are).

14. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Thanks for your interest and very sorry for the slow respond. To answer your question:

1. You should be able to use 2D asset with it. However if you are not using a top down camera angle, you will have to do a little modification to have the sprite display correctly (to have them facing the right direction).

2. If you are fairly fluent with c#, I would say you should have no problem to add those modification. I think the code are well structured and organized enough for you to extend/add more features.

3. If you mean a cross machine multiplayer with networking is required, I can't say since I don't really know much about network coding. Within the same machine however, it should be possible. You will need to change a reasonable amount of things but it shouldn't be more than what you are attempt to do in 2.

Hope this answer your questions.

15. MJacobsen186

MJacobsen186

Thank you for the reply (both here and via email)! I'll be purchasing the asset soon and fiddling around with it for sure :).

16. booger770

booger770

I just purchased your package and I like it so far...
    I have a question.
    When creating a new scene I have a choice of New Scene or New Scene (Touch Input)...
    Can I have both types of controls on the same scene (keyboard & touch input)?

17. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Normally those two would be mutually exclusive. However I understand the need for it when it comes to quick testing. You can use a touch input scene, and enable the option 'Enable Mouse N Keyboard' on UIOject_Mobile. That should allow you to use both touch and keyboard at the same time.

18. booger770

booger770

Is there any documentation for this package?

19. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Yes, there is one included in the package.

20. booger770

booger770

Where is it please?

21. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Look in your project tab, 'TDSTK/TDSTK_v1.3_Documentation'. Or you can just search the term 'documentation' in your project tab. It's a pdf file.

22. lolclol

lolclol

can you add more tutorial of how to create a new player, new weapon, new abilities, new enemy type (both machine and something organic that shoot projectiles or when collides player health reduced) ? this will be very helpful.

23. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Have you look through the pdf documentation included with the package? It contains various information that you are looking for such as how to create new unit and shoot-object. Other options like if a hostile unit should fire projectile or damage player upon contact is visible on the editor. Just look through the option and you should be able to find what you need. You can refer to various default unit with different behavior and compare their setting on the editor to see what's what.

I hope you understand that the framework covers a lot of different option for every element in the game. It's not very feasible to make tutorial about a specific element and that goes through the detail one by one.

24. EvilGremlin

EvilGremlin

Couple of questions that I couldn't gather from the info provided.

Has melee combat been added yet? (I know it was being discussed.)

Can different weapons be activated with UI buttons? I mean fired, not selected. For example, can I throw a grenade with a grenade button and not switch to grenades as my main weapon?

25. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Yes, Attack-On-Contact is effectively melee attack.

I'm afraid not. The framework is set in a way that only one weapon can be selected at any time and only the selected weapon can be fired. However with some modification, you should be able to assign certain input to fire a particular weapon or activate certain ability instantly.

EvilGremlin likes this.
  26. Helienio

Helienio

Hi songtan, your asset is amazing, really good, I have purchased this in asset store, and really is a very good asset, love it. Congratulations

27. Tha_Urthmaan

Tha_Urthmaan

Hello, hope all are well.
    Thinking about a purchase and liked what I see, but I need some clarification on a couple of points. anyone who knows this, feel free to chime in.
    1) - character animations: are animatics like idle, walk, run, death, etc., supported?
    2) - straight shooting: shoot in the direction you are walking, is this updated in the engine or a script request?
    2) - 2 - 4 player couch co-op: going for a console release, can this support a 10ft experience with 4 controllers, no online multiplayer.

thank you for your response in advance. take care and have a wonderful day.

28. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

To answer your questions.

1. Yes, The basic animations that you have mentioned are supported.
    2. It's supported by default now.
    3. As it's, the framework only supports single player game. Some code restructuring is required to support multi-player. If it's just local multiplayer, I don't imagine it's too complicated. But it will still take some effort.​

Hope this help.

29. Tha_Urthmaan

Tha_Urthmaan

Hello again, hope you are well.
    Thank you for the reply and I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Is there any means to contact you direct if I were interested in soliciting you for any paid customizations to the engine? Thanks, and have a great day.

30. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Sure. But it depends on what you need. If it's something within my capabilities I'm more than happy to oblige.

31. Tha_Urthmaan

Tha_Urthmaan

Ahhh,..the sweet smell of success, teamwork makes the dreamwork. Thank you very much for your patience and insight. I will be in touch. Take care and enjoy your day.

32. LunguM

LunguM

Hi, I've been reading through the code and testing the features of the asset and noticed that when you want to save and load the health perk does not work like the rest of the perks (this is on the DemoGauntlet scene).

I've been looking through the code and I can't seem to figure out why that is. Every other perk after the Health one saves and loads correctly but the Health perk eats up your points and when loading, the unit returns to its default value.

33. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Thanks for your feedback. I think I've just found a bug. It's pretty easy to fix. Simply change line94 of PlayerPerk.cs to:

if(perkID>=0){

That should do it.

LunguM likes this.
  34. LunguM

LunguM

I'm surprised I missed that, thank you very much for the help, it works now.

35. amindler

amindler

Hello!
    I was curious if you had any thoughts on having a toggle on weapons to allow them to use energy rather than ammo (clips + ammo).

I've been able to add it in myself but I had to adjust quite a few scripts and now I can't really update TDSTK when you make upgrades.

Just curious if you thought about this as a native feature.
    Anyway, great stuff!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  36. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Interesting idea. I'll see what I can do. :)

Thanks for the suggestion!

37. amindler

amindler

Uh, holy crap. Didn't expect you to not only take the suggestion, but implement it and push out a new version so quickly! Awesome!

38. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Just about to make a post. But seems like you have beat me to it. :)

gwdanar likes this.
  39. Publisher

Publisher

When I delete a save shouldn’t it delete the perks purchased? Both when my player dies and everything else is reset and when I force a delete on the player unit it doesn’t seem to reset the perks.

40. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Can you clarify your setting? I mean how do you initiate the save and delete?

By default, the death of the player doesn't reset the perks. In fact, the game doesn't delete any save by default. You can only delete the save via the UnitPlayer Inspector. If you want the perk progress to be reset when player dies you have to add the code yourself. You can do that by adding this line of code in Destroyed() of Unit.cs:

Code (csharp):
    1. if(isPlayer) GetUnitPlayer().DeleteSave();
    If you are not sure where to add it, just insert it in line357 of Unit.cs

41. ImagineEmotion

ImagineEmotion

Hi, i have problems with the turret rotation and shoot.

when load the demoarena and demo gaunlet, the turret not rotate and shoot. In the demo scenes for mobile it works fine.

Also the buttons for change weapons on mobile not work.

42. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

I accidentally remove the turret-object on the player unit in the last update. That's why the turret are not rotating. You can fixed this by reassigning it. If you are not sure what is the turret-object, please refer to the documentation.

Thanks for letting me know about the change weapon buttons. I'll get it fixed.

I'll upload a fix shortly addressing the issues. If you need the fix quick, please send me an email.

43. ImagineEmotion

ImagineEmotion

I try to resign it but nothing works. When resign over the player editor, the complete editor seam to crash i get a black site after resign. Also shooting not works.

Should be fix with next update. Because i dont have this problems with older releases.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  44. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

The update is up now. Let me know if it works.

45. Jpbsilva

Jpbsilva

works in the 2019 version? I would like to using him over to a project I'm doing in 2019

46. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

It should work on Unity2019 as far as I know. If you found something that doesn't, rest assure I'll get it fixed. :)

47. Jpbsilva

Jpbsilva

Ok. Will you put it in the spring promotion?

48. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

Spring promotion? You mean upcoming sales? Honestly it's not for me to decide. We publisher don't get to choose if we want to put the asset on sales. We get picked by asset store team. At this point, I have no news of any upcoming sales, nor have I been invited to participate in one.

49. Jpbsilva

Jpbsilva

Hello. I have this game that I made recently at unity 2019. Now I would like to add an offline mode, I would like to use your project but I don't know if it will be compatible. I wonder if if I make the purchase and for some reason it is not compatible, can you make the refund?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1251770/Teddy_Bear_Wars/

50. Song_Tan

Song_Tan

I should point out that this is a framework design for top-down or isometric game play. The game you are working on is a 3rd person shooter. So unless your offline mode is meant to be a top-down shooter, chance are this toolkit is not going to be compatible with your existing game.