Search Unity

Top down fantasy rpg

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PapaChubsGaming, Dec 26, 2019.

1. PapaChubsGaming

PapaChubsGaming

Hi, my name is Bryan and I'm basically a beginner but I do have a decent bit of experience with coding and unity. I'm currently but slowly working on a top down fantasy role playing game running on the TopDown Engine. I was wondering if anyone had any tips/suggestions or just anything to help with the 3d modeling, animation, textures and all that good stuff.

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

Each of these is huge topic on its own, covered many times over over internet.
    So just look there, you will find all you need.

3. neginfinity

neginfinity

Well, for a start I recommend to keep in mind that Pillars of Eternity had nearly 4 million dollar budget. So it could be a good idea to set realistic goals. And major hassle will likely be produing assets and not writing code.

Keep everything as simple as possible. An example of one man team rpg are creations of spiderweb software. ("Geneforge", "Avernum: Escape from the pit", etc) They are running two person team, but they do outsource pieces of work to others (Phil Foglio illustrated some things for one of the releases). They also state on their site that they BUY graphics.