Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

top-down camera with Cinemachine

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Aaron-Meyers, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Aaron-Meyers

Aaron-Meyers

I'm trying to add a top-down camera to my Cinemachine rig and I'm running into what appears to be crazy gimble lock flips. Here is how the virtual camera is set up: upload_2018-11-1_10-4-43.png

As the target moves around, the camera appears to rotate pretty wildly and unpredictably.

Maybe there is a more suitable Body option than Transposer? I imagine I would want something that gives me a way to define the camera's Up vector?

-A

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Yes, Composer will gimbal lock when looking straight up or down. Transposer is fine. You can try Framing Transposer in Body, and Do Nothing in Aim.

Aaron-Meyers likes this.
  3. Aaron-Meyers

Aaron-Meyers

Perfect... thanks!