Search Unity

Tooth and Cog: Steampunk RTS/turn-based hybrid

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by kereyroper, Jul 16, 2013.

1. kereyroper

kereyroper

Hi, we're Riveting Games, and we'd like to announce our debut project called Tooth and Cog.

Tooth and Cog is a multiplayer RTS/turn-based strategy hybrid set in a steampunk universe. The player plays as the leader of a faction struggling for power in a vacuum created by a technological disaster that destroys the Old City.

To create a viable multiplayer turn-based experience, we've taken a revolutionary step of eliminating the waiting period by collecting player orders and resolving the turns simultaneously. This gives us a lot of flexibility with respect to pace of play and the number of players that can participate.

Here's some concept art to get started.
    $TC-v2_600.jpg

And here's a screenshot of the playable Alpha.
    $screenshot1_800.jpg

We'll update this post with any progress we make, but for now you can learn more about the project at our website.
    http://www.rivetinggames.com/

2. Badger Tailor

Badger Tailor

Interested to see more gameplay elements.

3. kereyroper

kereyroper

Hi Badger. Anything in particular you'd like to know more about? Here are a few of our gameplay highlights (some obviously WIP):
    - 4x strategy gameplay
    - team-based play
    - uncover ancient artifacts and build epic machines

And I want to reiterate the key feature of simultaneous turn resolution, where everyone plays their turn at once and then sees the outcomes. We're super excited to experiment here, since it gives us a ton of flexibility. You're no longer waiting for as many players are in the game, which lets the gameplay scale massively.

I'll see what I can do about posting a video in a bit.