Search Unity

Toon Shaders - 5.1 issues

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Ibzy, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Ibzy

Ibzy

I'm building in Unity 5.1 and want to use the Toon Shaders (which ship with the Standard Assets package).

I am hitting a few different issues with the shaders, the outlines ones sepecifically.:
    1. Toon/Lit Outline - does not show any outline, and turns pink when built into standalone exe.
    2. Toon/Basic Outline - does the above but also shows the inside of objects (using a standard capsule with a camera inside at "eye" position.) .
    3. Non-Outline appear to compile correctly, but don't give the effect I'm after.
    Any thoughts? I ahve tried re-importing the entire Standard Assets package, as well as fully rebuilding my project.

2. adre

adre

I have the same problem, don't know what to do anymore.
    It was building correctly on the same unity version, and then without any reason it's no more working.

Basic Outline is rendering pink, whil just basic is rendering Ok.

Console in Xcode says:

Shader 'Toon/Basic Outline': fallback shader 'Toon/Basic' not found

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Toon/Basic Outline' - Setting to default shader.

I also added the shader in the graphic setting, in the always included shaders list: no luck.

3. Ibzy

Ibzy

Your problem looks like its just lost one of the shader files from the Standard Assets folder, but can't say for sure.
    Feels like the new standard shaders have been put in and they don't care about the old toon shaders? If there was a toon option in standard I'd be well happy.

4. Doogie

Doogie

I'm having the exact same problem as adre here. All of a sudden my toon/lit outline stopped working in build. I think the problem was initiated by adding a Canvas with Screen Space - Camera setting to my scene. However removing the canvas doesn't solve the problem, so its addition is changing something that it's removal doesn't revert.

I made a questions post here :

http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/1034361/toonlit-outline-shaders-broken-in-build-by-adding.html

Did any of you find a resolution to this by chance?

5. Ibzy

Ibzy

I sitll haven't. As a result I have pulled away from the toon shader for this project (completely changing the design).