Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Toon Series [growing content; stylized 3D art]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by marincastefan, Apr 6, 2017.

?

What would you like to see added in the Toon Series?

Poll closed May 28, 2020.
  1. Trains, railroads and related

20 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. Construction vehicles and tools, construction yard

14 vote(s)
    20.6%
  3. Ships and shipyard

17 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. industrial town or district

10 vote(s)
    14.7%
  5. Space station with rocket platform

13 vote(s)
    19.1%
  6. Oil platform, drills and derricks

13 vote(s)
    19.1%
  7. Nature props, mountains, cabins,

21 vote(s)
    30.9%
  8. Desert environment, solar panels, tropical vegetation

24 vote(s)
    35.3%
  9. Racing kit + cars (F1 style, monster trucks, rally cars)

14 vote(s)
    20.6%
  10. Interior pack (different rooms and sizes, furniture, appliances, etc)

10 vote(s)
    14.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hydrotoker

Hydrotoker

Well well well, so it does. Many thanks bud

2. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

any news on the toon people pack?

3. marincastefan

marincastefan

Yes, It's been submitted for some time now, I hope it won't be long until it's approved.
    Here's the trailer, in case you're curious :)

Hydrotoker and First_Citizen like this.
  4. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Oh I missed the trailer! How gorgeous!!!! Awesome Thank yoU!!!!

marincastefan likes this.
  5. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Really great. I missing Police and Fireman :D Will you release a profession people some day?

6. Flawless83

Flawless83

please show us some teaser picture of harbour :)

marincastefan and pushingpandas like this.
  7. marincastefan

marincastefan

Sorry for the delayed reply, the last few days have been a bit hectic.

I haven't assembled many assets yet, I've been focusing on the modular construction kit, for the shipyard part. Trying to include as many variations and pieces as possible.
    Here are some samples of that. Once I have more to show, I'll be sure to post the progress.
    Also, probably next week, I'll set up a discord server too, it might prove to be a better way to communicate. screen_2048x1152_2020-08-22_01-39-00.png screen_2048x1152_2020-08-22_01-34-59.png screen_2048x1152_2020-08-22_01-40-10.png

Hydrotoker likes this.
  8. marincastefan

marincastefan

9. cassius

cassius

Toon City People looks great, but I'm looking for something with a bit more realism. Not photo-realistic, but not toon either. Any way I can easily texture these with my own skins to achieve that look, or will that break all the customizability of the people?

Also, are these rigged?

10. marincastefan

marincastefan

Thanks!
    Yes, the characters are rigged, if you're using them as intended, with the humanoid type rig, then almost all animations of that type will be transferrable to them.

Regarding the texturing, it could be done without breaking the properties, but I suspect that would only be possible in Blender 3D, since the UV's would have to be reworked in the source application. Right now the models use a planar UV projection which doesn't suit the classic texturing style.
    I, for one, wouldn't attempt to do it, it looks like a lot of hours worth of work.

11. cassius

cassius

Thanks for the help!

12. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

marincastefan earlier this year you said you will include professions (firefighter, police officer) to the character pack. Will they follow in a second pack? I really need professions and it would fit perfect to your city assets since their are many profession vehicles included.

13. marincastefan

marincastefan

Some of the professions will come in a stand-alone pack, but most of them will come in content updates for the existing packs.
    For instance, Toon City has ambulances, firetrucks and police cars, so the characters will be a couple of generic ones, along with policeman, firefighter and doctor. (This update will come right after the launch of Toon Harbor)
    The same with Toon Planes, which will get the pilots and stewardesses, and so on.
    There will probably be other stand-alone character packs too in the future, depending on how well this first one will do commercially.

14. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

ah great! thank you!!!

15. Flawless83

Flawless83

exited about toon harbour, the modular thing sem awesome, can make alot of diferent buildings then.
    When do you expect release?

16. marincastefan

marincastefan

Hopefully by the end of September.

17. Hydrotoker

Hydrotoker

Hi, got a estimate on the price for harbour? Also any interest in starting a discord server?

18. marincastefan

marincastefan

Hi,

Yes, it will be around the $40-$50 mark, depending on the content & features that I manage to add in it.
    Also, yes, I just started a discord server. At the moment it's bretty bare, but I will add more channels to it soon.

https://discord.gg/nwQpAet

19. First_Citizen

First_Citizen

Harbor price sounds awesome. Reallyreallyreally liking the modular aspect based on the images you posted!

Also, in general, does anyone on this thread have a link to a great tutorial for adding Mecanim animations for a programmer type person? I like the toon people pack but past attempts at hooking up animations have ended in frustration.

20. marincastefan

marincastefan

Thanks!
    I just wished I started building the packs in a more modular fashion sooner, now I have more work on updating the existing packs.

I am still a couple of days away from returning to work, but I'll make a quick video tutorial on how I use external animations. But the gist of it, the mecanim animations should each come with a controller, which can be dragged in the animator component of the character prefab.
    If you want more complex animators with multiple animations and blend trees, then it's a bit more complicated to create the controller than I can explain here, but a video tutorial should be able to help.

First_Citizen likes this.
unityunity