Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Toon Series [growing content; stylized 3D art]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by marincastefan, Apr 6, 2017.

?

What would you like to see added in the Toon Series?

Poll closed May 28, 2020.
  1. Trains, railroads and related

20 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. Construction vehicles and tools, construction yard

14 vote(s)
    20.6%
  3. Ships and shipyard

17 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. industrial town or district

10 vote(s)
    14.7%
  5. Space station with rocket platform

13 vote(s)
    19.1%
  6. Oil platform, drills and derricks

13 vote(s)
    19.1%
  7. Nature props, mountains, cabins,

21 vote(s)
    30.9%
  8. Desert environment, solar panels, tropical vegetation

24 vote(s)
    35.3%
  9. Racing kit + cars (F1 style, monster trucks, rally cars)

14 vote(s)
    20.6%
  10. Interior pack (different rooms and sizes, furniture, appliances, etc)

10 vote(s)
    14.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Astx

Astx

Hi! Also ask about Toon City update: it missed some rivers or lakes stuffs, like embankment/quay. How many cities without a river you know? :)

2. digiross

digiross

Nice assets, I love the design, keep them coming!

3. marincastefan

marincastefan

Toon Gas Station is now available as a free addon package:
    Asset Store Link

During the month of November I will update all the packs in the series, mostly because Unity has a store wide rework of the site, but with this occasion I'll add some new content to each package and some lighting/post processing profiles.

4. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

what happend to military packs? I thought they where close to release last year

5. marincastefan

marincastefan

They were close, but I had a data loss incident and not everything was backed up. After which, other projects were more of a priority. Military pack is still in the works and it will get launched at some point, but right now I can't give an exact lauch time.

pushingpandas likes this.
  6. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

thank you for the update.

7. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

is it possible to make the toon asset compatible with unity 2019 and postprocessing 2?

DrOcto likes this.
  8. marincastefan

marincastefan

Yes, currently Toon City is ready to update, I'm just waiting a few more days for Unity to roll out the new format for publishers which will change the image sizes and screenshots.
    The other packs will follow during November.

DrOcto and pushingpandas like this.
  9. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

hope its soon :) I wanna buy and start

DrOcto and marincastefan like this.
  10. Flawless83

Flawless83

hi, wanted to add that having a harbour, tunnel and a stadium to toon city would be great. dont now how much work that is but maybe make a own package for harbour, but also toon planes should have an airport so it can be used inside toon city, wanted to buy toon planes but didnt cause dont have airport yet. also adding a gas station and a few more things for free in a package was a great idea cause now people can download it and see how it looks like without spending money first, really good job.

DrOcto and marincastefan like this.
  11. marincastefan

marincastefan

Thanks for your feedback.
    An airport is definitely coming to Toon Planes this November, but that will increase the cost of the package a bit, though I don't know by how much yet.
    Actually all the packs in the Toon Series are going to get content updates this coming month, but the rest of the packages will keep their current prices.

ATeam_Production and DrOcto like this.
  12. marincastefan

marincastefan

Toon City is ready to update just waiting for the new format for the images to be ready. I thought I'd share some screenshots showcasing some of the new content being added.

Post processing and lighting presets

Grass textures, new buildings and props (statues, cables, pavement, advertising panels, rocks, etc)
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

13. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Hi all
    I just wanted to throw down a shameless plug to my review of the city pack. And I'm currently using these packs in a new game dev video series I'm working on.

They are lovely!!!!

marincastefan likes this.
  14. CoyoteFringe

CoyoteFringe

Thank you for the massive amount of work you've invested (and continue to invest) in this series. For people who need a consistent, toony universe, you've handed them a dream on a silver platter - especially with all the updates and free gas station module. I've only bought Toon City and Industries so far, tho I'm itching to buy the plane pack, too. Especially now that I know an airport is coming! (I haven't downloaded City and Industries yet, but as soon as I do, I'll post an official review.)

Anyway, I know you're busy with your military packs and updates, but I would like to put a new pack request into the queue for voter consideration...interiors and interior props. Furniture. Etc. My hand would break the sound barrier clicking to buy that! :)

15. marincastefan

marincastefan

Thanks for your support, it means a lot :)
    I've been meaning to add interiors to future packs in the series, but I wasn't sure how it would affect development time and prices.
    This November is pretty much filled with work on updating the series, but as soon as I finish that step, the next pack will have more features and interiors will likely be one of them. Then, slowly but surely, interiors will be added to existing packs. I don't know about a stand-alone interior pack yet, but I'll add it to the vote and find out.

Also, Toon City 1.3 has passed the admission process and is now available :D
    TOON CITY

16. CoyoteFringe

CoyoteFringe

Makes sense, and given the overwhelming number of exterior vs interior packs on the store as a whole, it seems your seller brethren are with you on this. lol

Thank you for hearing me out and giving it consideration in spite of that!

17. Flawless83

Flawless83

How are updates on the other packages?

18. marincastefan

marincastefan

Toon Industries should be live later this week if all goes well, then Toon Racing, Toon Vehicles and Toon Planes should follow suit till the end of the month.

19. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Will you add new toon package some day?

20. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Maybe Airport?

21. marincastefan

marincastefan

Yup, Toon Planes will get an airport update next week :)

22. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

any news on the airport update?

23. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Question. I own toony Town and Industries. Does the pack "Toon Vehicle" contain additional cars or are these the same form the town/industry pack but just seperated.

24. marincastefan

marincastefan

Yes, the update is almost ready for submission, I think it might come out before Friday.
    In Toon Vehicles, after the latest update comes out (in 2 or so days), there will be 45 unique cars. The onlys car that are shared between the packs are one police car, the ambulance and firetruck. I thought those 3 cars were essential to both packs, that's why I included them in both packs.

Here's a screenshot with the cars that are in Toon Vehicles. You can spot the ambulance, police car and firetruck. The others are exclusive for this package.
    screen_2048x1152_2019-11-26_15-57-57.png

TheMessyCoder and CoyoteFringe like this.
  25. marincastefan

marincastefan

Also, a quick update:

Toon City is part of the Black Friday Promotion and is available at 50% off.

Toon Industries has been updated to version 1.2, which includes a lot of new content, along with LWRP compatibility and post processing profiles.
    Here's the new trailer.

26. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

thank you now I need the car pack aswell :D

27. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Do you have some teaser images from the airport? :D

DrOcto likes this.
  28. brettboring

brettboring

Hey! I noticed you mentioned toon racing is being updated, did you happen to make the dirt track pieces suggested earlier?

cheers

29. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

hello, any news on airport? :D

30. Uniplaydigital

Uniplaydigital

Hi

Is this asset pack good only for mobile ? Can it be used for PC ? Also, can tweak the models and also change textures later ?

31. Flawless83

Flawless83

would like to add that in the industry package both the Excavator have their z axis the wrong way so when adding car script to it it runs backwards, and also in the toon racing you have a bridge and its a litle to low poly so car isnt always down on road while driving on it the wheel gets airborn on it and u dont get a smooth run over when driving, the piece name is Special_D, also all of the pieces that have the red and white on the side of the roads are to high for the formel 1 car, would bee good if they were almost flat like they are on real racetracks.

32. marincastefan

marincastefan

I'm out of the office for the next few days and I only have some older screenshots from my phone, not the most beautiful :)
    The update should be live in the next few days, but till then:
    screen_1920x1080_2019-12-07_09-41-36.png screen_1920x1080_2019-12-07_09-41-08.png screen_1920x1080_2019-12-07_09-42-22.png screen_1920x1080_2019-12-07_09-41-57.png

CoyoteFringe and First_Citizen like this.
  33. marincastefan

marincastefan

Toon Racing is next to receive it;s update, and I'll add the dirt ramps that we talked about.

Thanks for pointing this out, I'll fix these as soon as possible.

CoyoteFringe and DrOcto like this.
  34. marincastefan

marincastefan

I tried to make the series look good for both platforms, so I'd say yes. For FPS games though, Toon Series might be a stretch. In the future I'd like to add HDRP compatibility to the packs, but I have to research a bit more on that topic.
    Also, yes, you can tweak and change textures, it's nice to add your own flavor to the project.

CoyoteFringe and DrOcto like this.
  35. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

nice airport shots! Thank you!

CoyoteFringe and marincastefan like this.
  36. CoyoteFringe

CoyoteFringe

37. marincastefan

marincastefan

Source_0000_1.png Source_0012_13.png Source_0014_15.png
    Toon Planes has been updated and can be found here:
    http://u3d.as/N2F
    Source_0000_1.png Source_0011_12.png
    Toon Racing is also very close to receiving an update, just some testing before rolling it out.
    New car skins, dirt ramps for monster trucks and some tweaks to model hierarchy have been added in this latest update.

38. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Will Ships and shipyard follow soon? From the voting?

39. marincastefan

marincastefan

I think a Toon Village will come out first, I have some assets that are already suited for that kind of pack and it would shorten the development quite a bit. And that way I can cross off the Toon Cabin off that list, which is a bit higher in the voting poll.
    But a shipyard would come close after that.

CoyoteFringe likes this.
  40. Flawless83

Flawless83

when will military pack be done, u still have some files for it.

41. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Toon Village??? What is that? Do you have a screenshot teaser please?????

42. CoyoteFringe

CoyoteFringe

Love the Toon Planes update! It's HUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGEEEEEE! So happy I pulled the trigger on it!

43. marincastefan

marincastefan

I still have some files for the Military Pack, but just some older files that I managed to recover after losing most of the files, just a few military vehicles, not much else. At the moment, it's pretty much in limbo...

CoyoteFringe likes this.
  44. marincastefan

marincastefan

Right now, it's mostly nature assets with a few isolated buildings, mountains, cliffs, lakes, maybe a few cars and boats. So maybe a more appropriate name would be Toon Nature or something of the sort, it's not 100% decided.

I will have some screenshots next week, I'm on a short vacation for the next few days ;)

pushingpandas and CoyoteFringe like this.
  45. marincastefan

marincastefan

Thank you!

I hope to release more awesome stuff soon :)

CoyoteFringe likes this.
  46. First_Citizen

First_Citizen

Nature assets would be awesome! My current project is using toon city + industry, soon to buy the airport pack to add some more variation. A follow on project I am prototyping would use those packs plus have more wide open spaces needing to be filled with nature props.

47. marincastefan

marincastefan

Awesome!

48. rewagames

rewagames

Hey,

Checking about one and half year later .
    Any plans on those bikes and riders ?

49. marincastefan

marincastefan

I haven't forgotten about the bikes, but at the moment it's not a priority, I wouldn't want to release just a couple of bikes without enough content, but as a stand-alone pack I don't see the demand yet.

Safe to say, there won't be any bikes coming very soon...

50. Flawless83

Flawless83

Hi, how far are you on other packages, was wondering if having landmarks as a standalone package would be something u would like to do, would be great to have real landmarks in toon styled so you can put in your city.

With the cabin/landscape asset you working on, will it contain textures and mountains, cant find mountains or rocks in toon style , also a few better textures would be nice and will the cabin/landscape have desert or snow aswell?

Any realease date on any assets?

And the explorer asset you have, will it work with toon series, i mean the trees rocks and stuff like that.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020