Search Unity

Bug Tooltips and Transform UIBuilder

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by MousePods, Jun 23, 2021.

1. MousePods

MousePods

Hi,

I have noticed that in Beta 1 that:

1. Tooltips don't work anymore when hovering over uss properties.
    2. If you have any transform properties set in your uss file, they will not show up in UIBuilder like other uss properties.
    Are these known or should I report?

Thanks!

2. martinpa_unity

martinpa_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi, the transform properties should show up inside the builder if they are set on the currently selected style sheet (see attached image). They might not show up in the builder if the uss file is modified, but not yet reimported in Unity (or if the import failed because the uss file contained errors).

For the tooltip, they should show up, so if they do not currently, this is a regression. Can you please file a bug using Help > Report a bug...?

Thank you!

Attached Files:

3. MousePods

MousePods

It still doesn't show up. It might just be my project settings, thanks tho!

Bug Number: 1346433 - Also have a video attached to the bug report.

Thanks!

4. martinpa_unity

martinpa_unity

Unity Technologies

When you say it doesn't show, do you mean that the values are showing as overridden in the Builder's inspector... or that the Transform section is not there at all? If it's the former, it's probably just related to the Unity version you are using (or if you are using the packages).

Thanks for the report!

5. MousePods

MousePods

This seems to possibly work and not work sometimes. I noticed it working today. Either I am missing something or its a series of events that I do that cause it to happen. I will report back if I can figure out the series of steps.

Thanks!

No problem!