Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Tools

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by WolfMountainGames, Sep 26, 2016.

1. WolfMountainGames

WolfMountainGames

The Tile Map could use a few more tools such as a Terrain tool like this, and the ability to delete and move tiles around on Tilemap Pallette, and a randomizer. Other than these 3 tools this is an AWESOME update and I love that there is an official tiled editor built into unity!

2. Johaness_Reuben

Johaness_Reuben

We will be looking into providing more Brushes and Scripted Tile when we release, but the main idea of the current implementation is to provide a way for the community to create their own. This is one of the cool options as then people can make all kinds of additions and share with the community too.
    For example Xelnath shared one here: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/new-tilebrush-for-sharing.413141/
    But this was made for Preview1 I believe and there's been some changes so may not work without a little code edits. So once released there should be a lot more community made stuff! :)
    Currently you can edit the TileMap Palette, its not very obvious at the moment. You have to click on the Lock icon to get into Palette editing mode. Then you edit the palette like you would a tilemap in the scene. We are making some changes to the palette that should make all this alot better. Coming in the next preview.

WolfMountainGames likes this.
  3. WolfMountainGames

WolfMountainGames

Ah, cool. I will definitely to modifying some of these implementations!