Search Unity

Tools for mobile performance testing?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Koval331, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Koval331

Koval331

So I want to add lightmaps to my mobile game, so the surroundings will look better, but I want to know what performance on different devices my app will have.

Is there a simple tool where you can at least simulate how your app will work on multiple devices. So that I could say: "Hey, test the performance of my app on iPhone X, Galaxy S8 and ASUS ZenFone Max Pro and give the appropriate performance for them". Because I don't have dozens of smartphones on which I could test it.

I would also love to hear suggestions for any mobile performance tools that are easy to use, or maybe even have some integration with unity.

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

Yes and no. The only way to know how an app will run on multiple devices is to test it on multiple devices. There are no easy tools to know how to do this that you can just download, but there are third party companies that specialize in app testing with thousands of devices on hand to do it for you.

They're not inexpensive but they're generally less expensive than purchasing the hardware and running the tests yourself.

Koval331 likes this.
  3. Koval331

Koval331

Thanks!