Search Unity

Bug Toolkit doesn't survive scene reloads

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by Ofx360, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Ofx360

Ofx360

After scene reloads i'm flooded with this error:

Code (csharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. UnityEngine.XR.Interaction.Toolkit.XRRayInteractor.UpdateSamplePoints (System.Int32 count, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] samplePoints) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.interaction.toolkit@1.0.0-pre.6/Runtime/Interaction/Interactors/XRRayInteractor.cs:1426)
    3. UnityEngine.XR.Interaction.Toolkit.XRRayInteractor.ProcessInteractor (UnityEngine.XR.Interaction.Toolkit.XRInteractionUpdateOrder+UpdatePhase updatePhase) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.interaction.toolkit@1.0.0-pre.6/Runtime/Interaction/Interactors/XRRayInteractor.cs:1340)
    4. UnityEngine.XR.Interaction.Toolkit.XRInteractionManager.ProcessInteractors (UnityEngine.XR.Interaction.Toolkit.XRInteractionUpdateOrder+UpdatePhase updatePhase) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.interaction.toolkit@1.0.0-pre.6/Runtime/Interaction/XRInteractionManager.cs:242)
    5. UnityEngine.XR.Interaction.Toolkit.XRInteractionManager.Update () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.interaction.toolkit@1.0.0-pre.6/Runtime/Interaction/XRInteractionManager.cs:165)
    Pretty annoying when you just want to test something. It seems like a list isn't being initialized in OnEnable.

And i want to use the fast "Enter Play Mode" option, but I can never really know when Unity's stuff is actually compliant with Unity's own features, so i'm asking: Is Toolkit and OpenXR ok to use with Domain Reloads and Scene Reloads turned off? I don't want something to silently be breaking on me during testing that'll come to bite me later.