Search Unity

Question Too many vertex count after importing blender file

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by mhmtemnacr, Dec 8, 2021.

1. mhmtemnacr

mhmtemnacr

Hi. I'm new about 3d modeling and i have a performance issue on unity. My game runs a bit slower on mobile and i think it's because of vertex count...

I imported a few simple blender models to the game. The most complex one has 184 vertex (blender says 184). But when i start playing and enable stats unity shows around 24k vertices.

Is this normal and what is the solution ? (I imported directly from blender. Didn't convert to any other file format)

2. kdgalla

kdgalla

Have you used the profiler? That's the only way to really know.
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/profiler-profiling-applications.html
    See where it says how to profile on your target platform.

It could be normal or not depending on what else you have going on. Blender only shows you the number logical vertices, not the real number. There are several things that require vertices to be duplicated- flat shading, UVs and things like that. Look at the mesh asset in the Unity editor to see how many vertices the mesh actually has.

Also, various graphics features may require the model to be rendered multiple times, like shadows and (I think) multi-pass-shaders and such. This will also increase the vertex count.

3. mhmtemnacr

mhmtemnacr

I used profiler to see whats the reason but i couldnt really figure out. It looks like rendering takes too much time and causes fps drop. Can you help me

4. kdgalla

kdgalla

Not sure what else I can advise since I don't know anything about your project.