Search Unity

Too many layers used to exclude objects from lighting

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by creatlore, Aug 26, 2015.

1. creatlore

creatlore

Hello everyone I had this error message pop up after trying to add many objects to their own layers to keep lights from bleeding though walls and what not. What does this mean and is it something I should address? Also why does the bounce light intensity setting for every one of my point and spot lights say that they are "Currently realtime indirect bounce light shadowing for spot and point lights is not supported"?

Too many layers used to exclude objects from lighting. Up to 4 layers can be used to exclude lights, while your lights use 32: 'Default' 'TransparentFX' 'Ignore Raycast' 'Unnamed 3' 'Water' 'UI' 'Unnamed 6' 'Unnamed 7' 'lower_bath_mirror' 'master_bath_mirror' 'upper_drywall_cieling' 'foyer_chandelier_glass' 'lower_bath_granite' 'drywall_office' 'kitchen_granite' 'lower_ceiling' 'drywall_guest' 'drywall_lower' 'wood_floors' 'drywall_guest_bath' 'nook_light' 'hardi_plank' 'drywall_bdrm_5' 'Unnamed 23' 'Unnamed 24' 'Unnamed 25' 'Unnamed 26' 'Unnamed 27' 'Unnamed 28' 'Unnamed 29' 'Unnamed 30' 'Unnamed 31'
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

2. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

What is the culling mask for your light set to? In deferred rendering you're only allowed to uncheck 4 options from the list. See http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/too-many-layers-in-unity-3.62179/#post-408308

The other message means what it says: if you're using point or spot lights with realtime GI, and they're shining on objects which cause them to cast shadows, then the shadows won't affect the indirect light produced. It's on our list to fix this but it's not supported yet.