Search Unity

Too Many Crates

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Tom163, May 31, 2009.

1. Tom163

Tom163

Screenshots from my current project, which is basically a stacking game, but with destructive crates as you can see.

There's a few placeholders left in these shots, and only one crate type, but I'm beginning to like the atmosphere of the place.

Comments and constructive criticism welcome.

Attached Files:

2. kondrup

kondrup

I think it's hard to judge how big the room is due to (different texture sizes?) on walls and ground. By this I mean the scale of the textures.. The bricks on the walls seem really big compared to the ground texture.

I also think you could do a bit more to create a nice atmosphere in the room - maybe some dust particles and a couple of interresting assets.

3. Tom163

Tom163

Hm, you're right about the texture sizes. How about this?

Attached Files:

4. Dakta

Dakta

That's better. I might even go a little smaller.

5. aaron-parr

aaron-parr

Thats much much better. I noticed however that the brick texture doesn't line up properly at those alcoves in the back. You should adjust the offset so that you get a full brick for the bottom course just above the opening.

6. Tom163

Tom163

I fear I can't go much smaller, because otherwise in a webplayer or on the iPhone there won't be much left to see. :)

Yes, borders of seamless textures are always a problem. I will probably add a ledge in the model to cover it up. And more details, etc.