Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Bug "Too many additional punctual lights shadows to look good..." warning

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by JustinKlasnic, Sep 4, 2022.

1. JustinKlasnic

JustinKlasnic

Hello, I have a relatively large number of lights in a scene and I get these warnings and debug logs. Is this bad? Is it possible to fix this?

2. Sky77

Sky77

Reduce the numbers of real-time shadow casting lights. Real-time shadows are incredibly expensive, you should enable them on very few lights and only when necessary.

3. JustinKlasnic

JustinKlasnic

All my lights in the scene are baked. If I had realtime lights i would have -20fps, I tested it

4. Sky77

Sky77

I don’t know what to say, that message means that there are too many real-time casting point lights in the scene. If it’s not a bug Unity side, the only way to solve it is by reducing the number of real-time casting lights or up the shadow map resolution (but you’re already at 4096).
    You can find more informations in the URP documentation, but probably going over 3 or 4 real-time shadow point lights is enough to trigger the message.

5. JustinKlasnic

JustinKlasnic

Hmm, I think its a unity bug? I only have 1 real-time light and that light is disabled. I will just ignore the message then...- Anyways thank you!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022