Search Unity

Bug "Too many additional punctual lights shadows to look good..." warning

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by JustinKlasnic, Sep 4, 2022.

1. JustinKlasnic

JustinKlasnic

Hello, I have a relatively large number of lights in a scene and I get these warnings and debug logs. Is this bad? Is it possible to fix this?

2. Sky77

Sky77

Reduce the numbers of real-time shadow casting lights. Real-time shadows are incredibly expensive, you should enable them on very few lights and only when necessary.

3. JustinKlasnic

JustinKlasnic

All my lights in the scene are baked. If I had realtime lights i would have -20fps, I tested it

4. Sky77

Sky77

I don’t know what to say, that message means that there are too many real-time casting point lights in the scene. If it’s not a bug Unity side, the only way to solve it is by reducing the number of real-time casting lights or up the shadow map resolution (but you’re already at 4096).
    You can find more informations in the URP documentation, but probably going over 3 or 4 real-time shadow point lights is enough to trigger the message.

5. JustinKlasnic

JustinKlasnic

Hmm, I think its a unity bug? I only have 1 real-time light and that light is disabled. I will just ignore the message then...- Anyways thank you!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022