Search Unity

Tom's Traumatizing Time at the Toy Store

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by purdyjo, Mar 19, 2012.

1. purdyjo

purdyjo

Hey guys, this is the current game that I am working on. It is called Tom's Traumatizing Time at the Toy Store.

This game is a hybrid Tower Defense and First Person Shooter game, where you place towers like a normal TD game, but can also take control of a "Hero" character in 1st person.

The story of the game is that you play as Tom, the new security guard at the local toy store. It is your first night on the job and as a security guard. As your shift starts, the janitor unleashes a computer virus that infects all of the toys and he creates an army! It is now your job to stop the toys from escaping the toy store and from taking over the world!

I currently have a Facebook page for it right here, where I am posting updates on its progress. I also have a playable version of it under the "Playable Version" tab.

I am also creating development stories and updating my blog, which also contains some of the Unity tutorials that I have created.

As development progresses I am also going to create more Youtube videos to document the development of the game. My Youtube channel is right here

I hope to hear some feedback from you guys. Play the game, let me know what you think, and if you have any ideas that you think would fit in well with the game don't hesitate to say something.

2. virror

virror

Looks cool : ) Love TD games.
    Did you ever see the movie "A night at the museum" maybe? : p

3. purdyjo

purdyjo

Haha I had a buddy of mine say the same thing. I honestly didn't even think of it when I came up for the idea. I just started out with the idea of a toy store and security guard and expanded upon it