Search Unity

Tom's Terrain Tools v2

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Tom163, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Tom163

Tom163

Tom's Terrain Tools is an editor script that makes it a lot easier to bring realistic terrains and landscapes into Unity 3D.

Documentation, Download/Buy and more details on http://lemuria.org/projects/wiki/TerrainTools2

The Terrain Tools take distribution maps you have created elsewhere, e.g. in Terragen, L3DT, World Machine, etc. and apply them to the terrain in Unity. They do not do actual procedural/fractal generation like FractScape or the Terrain Toolkit do. Instead, they allow you to harnest the incredible power of the tools dedicated to this purpose and bring their results into Unity.

In detail, the Terrain Tools can:
    • Apply terrain textures (splatmaps)
    • Mass-place trees (many thousands at once)
    • Mass-place grass and detail meshes over the entire terrain
    • Add overlays, which can be used for paths, roads, rivers, etc.

In addition, there are a few extra scripts thrown in that you may find useful, these allow you to:
    • Place selected objects on the terrain surface
    • Use a spawn map to spawn objects - much better than spawn points as you can not "camp" a spawn map
    • Adjust terrain quality settings
    • Access individual trees to modify them, for example to make trees destructable (a must-have if you have tanks, large monsters, etc. in your game)

You will receive full, documented source code for all scripts, so you can adapt them to your needs if you want to.

Using these tools, you can easily and quickly create lush and beautiful outdoor scenes like these these three example scenes, which are also included in the download, including their Terragen 2 source files:

2. 2dfxman1

2dfxman1

There is no free download :( Your post is misleading

3. PrimeDerektive

PrimeDerektive

He never mentions it being free... how is that misleading? Besides, its 15.00, you seriously have no idea how retardedly powerful his scripts are. The Unity terrain system is a joke without TTT; it is a small price to pay.

erenaydin likes this.
  4. RoyS

RoyS

This is an awesome tool. Well worth the money.

5. appels

appels

6. 2dfxman1

2dfxman1

By "Download /slash/ buy" I'd imagine you had a choice.

7. Tom163

Tom163

Sorry if it was misleading, didn't intend it to be. I think the second you visit my page it becomes clear, as I try to be very open and obvious about everything.