Search Unity

"to open This application, insert the device into Gear VR "

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by ORBE360, Nov 25, 2016.

1. ORBE360

ORBE360

Hello guys, I just created an application in Unity to see in the Samsung Gear VR, the problem I have is that the client who requested this work wants to press the icon on the phone to appear the splash screen that says "to open This application, insert the device into Gear VR "( attached image) and when inserting the phone to Gear VR the application will begin inmidietly. It will be grat not to use any external application like the Packable Disabler Pro to disable the Oculus app that starts automatically when you insert the phone into the Gear VR.
    The reference that the customer showed us complied with all of these features described at the outset so there must be a way to do it.
    Anyone know how?
    I will greatly appreciate your help.

Attached Files:

2. Selzier

Selzier

This is default behavior when you build a gear vr app.

ORBE360 likes this.
  3. ORBE360

ORBE360

Is noy my case, i click in the app icon and open the app inmidietly whit the logo power by unity, then the app start. Previusly i have to disable the Gear VR Service whit the Packable Disabler Pro app. What im doing wrong? I need the popup image that say "to open This application, insert the device into Gear VR "
    Help!

4. ORBE360

ORBE360

I solved the "to open This application, insert the device into Gear VR " popup screen, after a few test i check the Virtual Reality Supported box in the Player Settings, now the problem i have is when the app begins appears the lead screen that say power by unity (until here everything is fine)but when i enter to the app i can see the screen split for each eye, i see 2 screens per eye. What im doing wrong?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  5. Selzier

Selzier

Sounds like you have the GoogleVR SDK in "VR Enabled Mode" (split screen), and then you checked "Virtual Reality Supported" which will split the screen again. You must disable VR mode on GvrViewerMain if you are using Virtual Reality Supported Mode.

We have an asset to help switch between the 2 platforms:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/67019

6. ORBE360

ORBE360

I use the Cardboard SDK for made this project. I followed this tutorial on youtube

If im developing for samsung Gear VR should i use a diferent SDK ??
    Selzier, where i can find the GvrViewerMain that you mencion?

7. Selzier

Selzier

You need to upgrade to current GoogleVR, here's a video on that:

And this tutorial shows you how to upgrade from Cardboard to GoogleVR:

8. ORBE360

ORBE360

Thank u very much from Chile Selzier