Search Unity

[to be closed] InputField inside a Horizontal Layout Group

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by arnaud.gout.gex, Jul 11, 2015.

1. arnaud.gout.gex

arnaud.gout.gex

Dear Unity users,

I'm having trouble using the UI auto layout system along with the InputField element.

Here is what I wanted: a UI text element with a button to activate/deactivate the edition of a field. (for example, a name)

Here is what I did:
    Create a panel named 'NameEdit', add a horizontal layout group component, set Child Force Expand Width to false
    Create an InputField child of the panel 'NameEdit', add a layout element component, set flexible width to 1
    Create a button child of the panel 'NameEdit', add a layout element component, set flexible width to 0

Try the UI in the player, the text inside the Input field is not showing.
    If I delete the button and the layout element component, and if i set Child Force Expand Width to true, it doesn't fix anything
    So, it appears that putting an InputField inside a horizontal group seems to break the text display of the InputField.
    Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Ok my bad, I posted this issue since I struggled for hours, but it seems that the text disappeared because of the insufficient vertical size of the rect. And every single test I did, the vertical size of this rect wasn't enough, and I didn't notice. I should have waited some more before posting this!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015