Search Unity

To anyone having "failed to update Unity WebPlayer" issues please read!

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by SixSicSix, May 13, 2015.

1. SixSicSix

SixSicSix

I've been having this issue on Facebook's Dragons and Titans. Note: this is not a permanent fix but it will allow you to play until someone gets their head out their back side and corrects the problem. Good luck!

Temporary fix for Unity Failed Update is to use the Web player provided with the Unity 5 Software. Download the free Unity 5 bundle but uncheck everything but the web player. The web player will work with facebook's DNT with some slight issues. But its better than transferring to steam. Thanks for nothing Wyrmbytes I had to figure that out myself.
    Note: The slight issue's are in regards to the console embedded in that version of the webplayer, it keeps popping up every few seconds with a list of errors.

2. SixSicSix

SixSicSix

Update: Unchecking the Development channel in the players settings will revert the Version to 4.5.5f1 which is below the requirements for DNT. DNT requires Version 5.0.1f1 which at this time requires the Development Channel to be active hence the pesky console continues to pop up.

3. Kronnect

Kronnect

WebPlayer works again with 5.0.2.

4. SixSicSix

SixSicSix

But where does someone get that 5.0.2 version. Please tell!

5. Kronnect

Kronnect

6. SixSicSix

SixSicSix

I don't know if you meant to send me to a Spanish Version of the site but that's where it leads. I don't know if you understand what my issue's where with the 5.0.1f1 version cause 5.0.2f1 is the exact same thing. Console continues to be a lose pet without a leash. Tried disabling the Development Channel but it don't appear to be an option in this version. If it were than i would assume that the player would revert back to 5.0.1f1 which would solve all of my problems but my nightmare continues and i can't seem to wake up!

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Found a solution that worked for me. Disabled the Firewall and Realtime virus protection of my McAfee software. It then worked like a charm. Plus, i also ran Firefox and setup files as "Run as Administrator" in my Windows 8.1
    Hope this works for you too !