Search Unity

TextMesh Pro TMPro not finding Sprite Assets in 2017.1

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by gibber10, Sep 1, 2017.

1. gibber10

gibber10

Hello =) I posted this in answers.unity3d.com (http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/1400056/textmeshpro-not-finding-sprite-assets-in-20171.html) but that doesn't appear to be the best place for it so I'm posting here too. Hopefully that is ok!

Hi,

I've upgraded to 2017.1 and TextMeshPro Release 1.0.55.2017.1.0b10 (which was required to get it working).

Everything is working except that TMP doesnt seem to find Sprite Assets placed the in the folder referenced in the TMP Settings file (which is the default /Sprite Assets/ => Resources/Sprite Assets).

At the moment I suspect a bug, as everything was working fine, and is now broken and whatever I do I cant get it to find the sprite assets, the tags aren't consumed. The only way sprites appear is by making them the default asset (which isn't a solution).

Has anyone else seen the same thing, or could I be doing something wrong?

Regards
    Matt

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Since Sprite Asset and Font Assets might be referenced by name in the <sprite> or <font> tag, these resources must be located inside of a "Resources" folder. In order to help better organize this, I suggest these be places in some sub folder of a Resources folder. Since this sub folder location / naming is up to the user, this can be specified in the TMP Settings file where you can change these folder names.

In previous versions of TMP, the sub folder location for Sprite Assets was "Resources/Sprites/" which at some point was changed (defaulted to) to "Resources/Sprite Assets/" to differentiate Sprites from Sprite Assets.

So take a look at the TMP Settings file. I suggest you keep the new default and rename your Sprite folder most likely already inside a Resources folder to Sprite Assets but you can also name it whatever you want.

gibber10 likes this.
  3. gibber10

gibber10

Ah ok, Thankyou. It is working, my fault I think I had an extra / in the field in TMP settings.