Search Unity

TMPro Input Field and new Input system

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Metron, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Metron

Metron

Hi,

it seems to me that the TMPro isn't yet fully compatible to the new input system. I'm using V2.0.1 and I'm getting these error messages:

"InvalidOperationException: You are trying to read Input using the UnityEngine.Input class, but you have switched active Input handling to Input System package in Player Settings."

InvalidOperationException: You are trying to read Input using the UnityEngine.Input class, but you have switched active Input handling to Input System package in Player Settings.
    UnityEngine.Input.GetKey (UnityEngine.KeyCode key) (at <2efdc780086b47f28399fd0ce7a4bfa4>:0)
    TMPro.TMP_InputField.OnPointerDown (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.textmeshpro@2.0.1/Scripts/Runtime/TMP_InputField.cs:1673)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerDownHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.0f3/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:36)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.0f3/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:261)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update() (at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.0f3/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/EventSystem/EventSystem.cs:377)

Is this a known problem? Are there any fixes for this?

2. Laumania

Laumania

I get the same using Doozy UI - any update on it?

3. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Please update to the latest TMP package which includes support for the New Input System.

The latest package for Unity 2019.x is version 2.1.0-preview.7 and version 3.0.0-preview.7 for Unity 2020.x.

4. Laumania

Laumania

Thanks, I'll give that a try :)

5. Preshu

Preshu

Working version 2.1.1 in 2019.x editor.