Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

TMPro from package manager doesn't include asmdef file--Can't create new projects

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by zanius, Mar 27, 2019.

1. zanius

zanius

I'm using 2019.1.0b9 with visual studio 15.9.10.

When I try to create a new project I get compilation errors related to TextMesh Pro.

I looked on another computer running the same version of unity that is working and in Library/PackageCache/com.unity.textmeshpro@2.00/Scripts/Runtime there is an asmdef file called Unity.TextMeshPro.asmdef

On my non working computer, there is no such file in any new project. When I try to copy the asmdef and meta file from the working computer, Unity deletes that file when opening the project.

I also get an error that says TMP_Style.cs has no meta file (UnityEditor.Connect.UnityConnectServiceColection:StaticEnableService(String, Boolean)

The rest of the errors are related to nothing existing in the namespace TMPro, which makes sense because there is no asmdef for TMPro.

Since the packages are read only I would think that the asmdef (and any meta files) would be pulled in from the package manager.

Any ideas?

learc83 likes this.
  2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

When I create a new project in Unity 2019.1.0b9, using the "3D" Template, it pulls in the following packages and it does not cause any error.

Can you check "Window > PackageManager" if perhaps some of those packages are outdated?

screenshot.png

3. zanius

zanius

Solved it. I forgot that the package manager has a cache in AppData/Local/Unity. The cached version of text mesh pro in that file was missing the asmdef file for some reason (it was also missing the TMP_style.cs.meta file).

Once I deleted that cache I can create new projects without the errors.

I'm not sure why those 2 files were missing from the cache.