Search Unity

TMPro Dropdown doesn't react when clicking on it

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by CaringKarol, Aug 16, 2019.

1. CaringKarol

CaringKarol

In my unity project, I have a TMPro dropdown ui element that doesn't react when I click on it. I have an event system and every other ui element (buttons, panels, and sliders) works. Could anyone help me fix this issue?

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Do you have Raycast target disabled on it or Interactable disabled?

The Drop Down could also be affected by the similar setting on its parent / other objects in the same hierarchy.

3. CaringKarol

CaringKarol

Interactable is enabled and I’m note sure where the Raycast target is at so I’ll say that it’s its default setting.

4. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

The Raycast Target is on the Image component.

Have you tried to create a new scene and adding a TMP DropDown to see if the behavior is the same?

What version of Unity and TMP package are you using?

5. CaringKarol

CaringKarol

It works when I do it on another scene. My version of unity is 2019.2.0f1 and version of TMPro is 2.0.0.

6. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

So something in your scene hierarchy is causing the behavior. I would suggest carefully reviewing each parent object to see what setting they have that could be the cause. Might need to remove / reconstruct that setup one object at a time to see when the issue shows up.

Also, I would suggest updating to version 2.0.1 but that should not have any impact on this.

7. CaringKarol

CaringKarol

Okay I will try that, thank you

8. bishwa5

bishwa5

You can also Create a new Canvas and copy all the elements into the new canvas and delete the old one. This worked for me

Unifikation likes this.
  9. Unifikation

Unifikation

Neat trick! I've done this with particle systems that generate NaN errors and AABB errors by the thousands, but hadn't thought to do it for Canvases. THANK YOU!!!